skin issue

ilonab

hi everybody,
I have an issue with skintones in jpg images.
Or maybe its not linked to jpgs but still i have a sample image, to show what i mean.
Im not sure if its a focus/contrast or jpg issue.
Can someone tell me if im missing some kind of setting or what..

Im using a 17-70mm sigma on my d7100 in raw its the same issue and only with the skintones.

thanks anyway

Attachments

• TAT_2027.jpg
    TAT_2027.jpg
    681 KB · Views: 115
hi everybody,
I have an issue with skintones in jpg images.
Or maybe its not linked to jpgs but still i have a sample image, to show what i mean.
Im not sure if its a focus/contrast or jpg issue.
Can someone tell me if im missing some kind of setting or what..

Im using a 17-70mm sigma on my d7100 in raw its the same issue and only with the skintones.

thanks anyway
Welcome to the forum

If you fill out your profile we can better answer any questions that you might have.
You can do that at http://nikonites.com/profile.php?do=editprofile

Some useful links
http://support.nikonusa.com/app/ans.../nikon-product-manuals-available-for-download
Nikon | Imaging Products | Digitutor

Thanks

It looks like it was overexposed. The highlight are blown out. A lot of this can be fixed in post processing. What mode are you shooting in?

TAT_2027.jpg

ilonab

hi thanks for the reply, i used different settings, but just the a and m mode. darn, might have found the issue.. iso was on 800! no idea why cause i rarely use it above 400 but ok iso was 800, 1/250 and f22
the rest is good enough so i think the iso is the issue..

hi thanks for the reply, i used different settings, but just the a and m mode. darn, might have found the issue.. iso was on 800! no idea why cause i rarely use it above 400 but ok iso was 800, 1/250 and f22
the rest is good enough so i think the iso is the issue..

The metering should have taken care of that though. Unless the meter told you it was overexposed then you really needed to lower it then. Also a lot depends on what metering you are using. If you were on spot then what spot did the meter use. good to check your histogram while you are shooting something important just to make sure it is not overexposed.

Anyway these can be saved especially if you shot in RAW if you have the software to process RAW files. ViewNX2 software that came with the camera is pretty good it you don't have anything else like PhotoShop

Horoscope Fish

hi thanks for the reply, i used different settings, but just the a and m mode. darn, might have found the issue.. iso was on 800! no idea why cause i rarely use it above 400 but ok iso was 800, 1/250 and f22 the rest is good enough so i think the iso is the issue..
That's clearly a simple over-exposure. My guess is you were shooting in Manual and simply over-exposed for the high ISO; ISO 800 is a little fast for a bright sunny day, generally speaking, and would make over exposing just that much easier...

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I think your fill-in flash was too powerful (should have been set to under expose for about -.3 to -.6) in order to leave some natural light in the shot.