D5300 & d610???

aZuMi

What???
Rumor: Nikon preparing to announce new D5300 and D610 DSLR cameras | Nikon Rumors
Apparently, neither camera will be a major improvement over it's predecessor. The D610 will just be the D600, without the dust and oil issue. D5300 will most likely feature built in Wi-Fi and GPS.
If I were you, keep your wallet closed.

I like how you still post Nikon rumors here.

It would be interesting what they would show in the D610. Imagine if they put a pro body on the D600 with all the same features and no oil or dust issues.... 0.o

AC016

I check everyday. Just habit, lol:) Well, I think at the most, they will re-engineer the mirror box of the D600 and make damn sure that there is no issues with it. From there, they may throw in a few extra little features. In the end, I think they just want to put the D600 behind them.

NVSteve

Being at work without all my paperwork, what is the warranty on the D600? Is it 1 year, or 3? I know I had a few spots at f8 last week, and that's after blowing off the sensor beforehand (which I do before every shoot now). If it is a 3 year warranty, I'll wait a while until they only have shutter assemblies on hand for the D610, which should, in theory, be a corrected version & direct replacement for the D600 part.

Even if the 610 comes out with a couple more added features, I simply can't imagine anything else that would make me want to give up my D600. I take that back. A more confidence inspiring job at weather sealing would be most welcome, but I don't see that happening.