Micro Tuning

Ruidoso Bill

I really want to learn more about this, if you ever notice your lenses are just a little off and are sharper in manual then may be a worthy thing to do. I am hoping Zak can give us some guidance when he gets some time.

ZakSaenzPhotography

I really want to learn more about this, if you ever notice your lenses are just a little off and are sharper in manual then may be a worthy thing to do. I am hoping Zak can give us some guidance when he gets some time.

I went to this website and used their chart which you need to download and then use it to adjust your lens while being viewed on your monitor. Works great. AF microadjustment for the 1Ds mark III, 1D Mk3, 5D Mk2, 7D but you can use almost anything. I have used a calender at a 45 deg angle from the camera to do the same thing. Your camera will remeber upto 12 lenses.

Zak

Ruidoso Bill

I went to this website and used their chart which you need to download and then use it to adjust your lens while being viewed on your monitor. Works great. AF microadjustment for the 1Ds mark III, 1D Mk3, 5D Mk2, 7D but you can use almost anything. I have used a calender at a 45 deg angle from the camera to do the same thing. Your camera will remeber upto 12 lenses.

Zak

Thanks Zak, I am going to do it for all my lenses, I am noticeing a slight difference between auto and manual focus, in auto it is just a tad off, don't know if it is front or back.

Last edited: