Finally got the D600

Krs_2007

Well I finally quit dreaming and traded the 7000 in on a new D600 with the 24-85 lens. Now I just need to get out and use it. I did get it set up the way I wanted but didn't have time to take any shots tonight.

hoping the dust issue is now worked out. My camera shop guy said they have not had any of the newer ones come back yet, fingers crossed.

Krs_2007

LOL Don, I was trying, but it took me longer to get my creature comforts setup. I lied a little, I did take some shots to see the difference just nothing to upload here. The gain in details when cropping is amazing. There are few other changes over the 7000 that I like and wasn't aware of, but noticed as soon as I picked it up.

i had a demo that the shop gave me on loan till mine came in and I took a bunch of test shots. I am extremely pleased that I can use my 70-300 and the long end has enough details to make some serious crops. On the 7000 they seemed to soft, so I am really exited for my kids sports to kick off.

i couldn't sleep for the past 2 nights, it was like waiting for Santa.

Krs_2007

Thanks everyone, been thinking about this for 6 months and finally decided to just get it. And yes the boss said I could do it.

Krs_2007

Here is a sign in our yard that I usually test with, but going to post others in a 365 but it may not be a true 365.
ks6_0038.jpg

Krs_2007

I cropped it a lot more on my computer and still amazed at the level detail that this camera captures. Here is the un-croped from above and an extreme crop of the same size. And this is with the kit 24-85 lens.

ks6_0038_3.jpg

ks6_0038_1.jpg