How far I've come!

Soulphotography

Almost a year ago, I took on board what you all said. I did some workshops. I completed some courses. I learnt how to use photoshop (holy crap!) and I want to share some images in the coming days and see what you all think.

Here's the first one.
DSC_0120bwfb.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0120bwfbwm.jpg
    DSC_0120bwfbwm.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:

singlerosa_RIP

Get rid of the giant watermark. Probably a nice shot, but I can't tell, because the watermark is way too distracting. If you have to use a watermark, please don't put it in a spot that ruins your photo.

fotojack

Exactly what Jim said. I don't even bother looking at pics with watermarks plastered in the middle of it. Doesn't make sense to me, to ruin a perfectly good picture like that.

WhiteLight

Hope you don't take it the wrong way, but it really is difficult to critique an image when there is a watermark splashed across.
Specially when you looking for a critical view of the image, you would want your subject as the main point of interest.
If this image was posted in a daily thread or anywhere else it would've been different
This site does provide some security to your images, like disabling downloading of pics amongst other things, so you could probably post one with a smaller water mark?

Soulphotography

Fair enough, I was a little offended.

I have edited the top image to be one without the watermark - feedback would be really appreciated.

Attachments

• DSC_0120bwfb.jpg
    DSC_0120bwfb.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

Bill16

I really like both the mild and the bold contrasts! Beautiful shot! The texture of her hair and the material, really sets it off! :D

Much better now. I like the shot, the pose is unique and that is a good thing but there is something missing and I can't quite put my finger on it. Overall I do like it though.

Michael J.

The whole photo is awesome - the hair and the pans are in a great contrast to the rest of the photo. It is worthy looking at and try to discover other hidden details such as the clothes she is sitting on.

wud

Very good! Love the pose and the post processing. She could have stretch her back a liiiitle more, to avoid "tired looking" shoulders - but thats just nit picking :)

Rick M

Very nice job with the lighting. I think the pink hue detracts from the B&W. The pose is different, doesn't do much for me. Perhaps if she had her head turned back a bit (looking over shoulder) it would be more interesting. Exif data would be beneficial.

KWJams

First glimpse to me is what is the most important about a picture. Does it capture attention and what does it first say.

My first glimpse was ?????HUH???? Droopy drawers???

With the background the same color as the draping on the stool, it appeared to me at first glimpse that she had a skirt on that was droopy -- until I saw the feet.

singlerosa_RIP

Much better without the watermark. Interesting shot. Nice lighting. Great contrast. Since we're nitpicking, you might consider getting rid of the gap in her hair by her left shoulder.
before.jpg