Newbie From Western Maryland

Yankytyke

Hi,
I'm Jamie from Western Maryland. Having been to Death Valley last year & not being pleased with the photos I took. I decided to look into getting a DSLR.
A work mate has a Nikkon D7000. I was looking at getting a Canon, but he talked me around:) Am I ever glad that he did?
Living in Western Maryland i'm lucky to have the mountains, civil war battlegrounds etc that inspire my photos. I hike as well, so i'm always trying to get a good photo of deer, eagles etc...
Hope to be active here & you will all be happy to help a new guy out with simple questions that no doubt will drive you crazy:)

Welcome to the forum

Thank you for filling out your profile so we can better answer any questions that you might have.

Some useful links
http://support.nikonusa.com/app/ans.../nikon-product-manuals-available-for-download
Nikon | Imaging Products | Digitutor

Thanks

Now lets see some of those great photos.

Guidelines to adding a photo to your post.

1. Resize photo to 1000px on the long side.
2. Resolution set to 72ppi (Pixels Per Inch)

These guidelines will be good for viewing on a computer but will not be good for printing. This will help safeguard your copyright.

RON_RIP

Welcome onboard. We really like having new members who are smart enough to choose Nikon. Lovely country that you live in. Very fond of Western Maryland. Pass thru there 3 or 4 times a year.

kklor

Welcome Jamie!
Great choice and great state! You live in my home state and are in my old stomping grounds! Yes you will have a great fall in the Catoctin Mtns. with your new Nikon. Sadly, I live in the conifer land of the Pacific NW in Oregon now and I am always sad during Fall season here although it is a beautiful state. Everytime I come home in the Fall, I never hit the color right either. How early do you think the color will be this year? I am in the shopping mode now for a good flight home to see family again soon. Looking forward to seeing your pics!
Cheers-
Kathleen:)

Yankytyke

Lou Scally is the man to ask about the Fall colors. He is actually a neighbor of mine if you remember him...
Actually i'm planning a hike to Catoctin State Park during the week. I'll be sure to share some photos.

kklor

Hi Jamie-
It has been a long while since I have been able to traverse and camp around Frederick and Gettysburg. All my travels home the last 10 years have been centered in Annapolis since my Mom is in failing health. Everytime I land/depart my heart just wants to head West in the rental car and I really need to have a few secret days in my schedule that family doesn't know about so I can do this.
I will live vicariously through your lens and can't wait to see your photos!
Best-Kathleen:)