F1, OK KButton and Shooting Mode

480sparky

Have been revisiting some of the features I haven't explored on the D600, and am having trouble understanding the F1/OK Button setting. I've tried all three choices, and none of them make any different when I'm shooting. Pressing the OK Button does nothing.

What am I missing?

480sparky

No combination makes any difference. Shutter halfway, then OK, still no center focus point. OK, then shutter, no center focus point. Try both at same time, no center focus point.

Fred Kingston

[h=4]f1 OK Button (Shooting Mode)[/h]Options: Reset/Select center focus point, Highlight active focus point, Not used
Here you can specify the behavior of the OK button in shooting mode. You have three choices:
RESET/Select center focus point. This default setting lets you quickly select the center focus point in the viewfinder simply by pressing the multi selector center button. Because the center focus point is always a cross-type point, this option is especially useful when you want to return the active point to the center under dim lighting conditions. It’s also helpful if you’ve moved the point to one of the edges of the array and want to return to the default center position quickly.
Highlight active focus point. Wondering exactly where the focus point has wandered to? With this option, the active point is illuminated when you press the button, but does not move.

​Works fine on my D600

clarnibass

If it is set to the default setting and you change to a non-center focus point, then press the OK button, does it not go back to the center point? When you say "no center focus point" do you mean that it is still using the non-center focus point you moved to?

Maybe try it in AF-S Single mode, just to be sure you are in a mode where it should work.

I've never tried the Highlight option, but if it's the same as the focus point highlight for a moment when focusing, sometimes it's difficult to see, depending on the background, etc.