Shopping cart plugin

wud

I am still not satisfied with my page where clients can order prints and download web-sized images. I use Zenfolio but its not so optimal for danish people - a lot of the text is in english which is weird, as my text is in danish. Prices are in Euro (we dont have that in my country) and last, shipping is from England, which means a week+ delivery.

Still got my website at Squarespace and love it, but they use the payment connection Stripe, who only works with US and UK so far. Then I tried to set up an order site myself, using Paypal bottoms (you make them yourself, pretty easy) buuuut. A lot of work and everytime people press a choice to buy (e.g. print small size), they are send to the Paypal site with a shopping cart and needs to press "continue shopping" to get back to my site - where they are send to the top of the site, not the picture they were looking at last.

But! Now I found this: TTG CE3 Cart – The Turning Gate

Have anyone used this? Or something simular?

I wonder if its possible to use danish currency. I have no idea what to search on to find this in danish - or, I found shopping carts and websites with e-commerce, but very expensive!

​Btw, Helene, I am looking into doing prints myself :) :) Just tested my machine and I think its really good quality, just need one more solid cleaning. Also found a neighbor who used to be a book-binder, she will give me an intro for her paper cutting machine as it is very hard to find A5 sized photo paper in the same semi-glossy paper as I want to use for A4.

Last edited:

Browncoat

I've not heard of the plug-in you listed (Turning Gate). If it were me, I'd be VERY wary of using a 3rd party plugin that wasn't open source or from a reputable company. You never know what kind of back end garbage that thing may have embedded in it.

All e-commerce solutions are pricey. And for very good reason: security. If someone uses their credit card to purchase prints from you, and your site gets hacked, guess who is liable for damages? YOU ARE. They exclude themselves from any cyber liability/fraud in their wiki:

3) Warranties and Liability. TTG engines, plugins and templates are provided “as is”. You agree to hold TTG and its employees, agents, representatives, contractors, officers, directors, partners, principals, heirs, successors and assigns (collectively, its “affiliates”) harmless for any damages that may occur due to use, or inability to use, TTG software.

Basically, if something goes wrong, you're left holding the bag with your #### in the wind. Better walk away from this one.

Last edited:

wud

Payment still happens at Paypal. The shopping cart is ONLY the system to let people shop several images, without being transferred back and forth several times between my page and Paypal.

Ugh had no idea this would be so difficult. I do know its me which is the biggest problem, as I want everything exactly as I have it in my head.

Will try to call an old friend, he makes websites for people (coding), maybe he knows something about shopping carts.

Browncoat

Ugh had no idea this would be so difficult. I do know its me which is the biggest problem, as I want everything exactly as I have it in my head.

Will try to call an old friend, he makes websites for people (coding), maybe he knows something about shopping carts.

Now you're talking. The only way you can get what you truly want is to do it yourself.

There are a bunch of e-commerce plugins out there, but your situation is kind of unique with the whole Danish thing. Your best bet might be to go with something open source and just let your friend alter the language.

wud

Crossed fingers, my friend are really expensive (of course I asked what it would cost to help me out, as its his full time job), he said honestly that he cost more than I can pay BUT, he could maybe use my site for a test of a new system, this way I could get what I am hoping for, for a symbolic amount. It will work with Paypal.

He would get back to me in a few weeks, which suits me fine right now, I am really fed up with this project at the time, lol.

wud

@wud did you get around finding the plugin?

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

Not anything free, I had a long talk with this guy I know and explained all my needs - he looked a bit pale in the end, lol. If he makes this site for me, I'll have to pay him something (which is fine, my guess is around 5-700$). He said too, that browsing the www for a html code for a shopping cart, are far to risky.

I did talk to another photographer, he said he always send a paper with the images in small - this has a word? I dont know it? from where his clients chose which image/images they want. But he gives the original file to them for small print, and only offer big canvases.

wud

I created a sub domain, and then I made a page on my normal website (not visible yet) and pasted the widget in there - tada! People login and goes straight to their personal gallery. Really good. They don't even notice that they left my site.

There aren't a print place connected, as with zenfolio, so now I gotta figure out if I want to keep using one vision (awesome quality, expensive shipping, longer delivery) or use a Danish company, either for it all or only above A3. This meaning, getting a new printer.
Found a few places but the place which is most recommended, doesn't offer that much different, both sizes and paper/canvas.

Looking at previous orders, costumers order a lot of prints below A3. The last customer ordered 36 prints (she got 14 different images :)) and only a few where above A3..

Another thing I like about one vision, is that they offer framed images. Frames are so expensive here, so I'm not sure I wanna put money in this, not knowing if and when it's going to sell? But would love the choice for my costumers.

So exited, lol. Can't sleep. Have to get up in 5-6 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhiteLight

@carguy
Joe there are a number of plugins including the paypal plugin that work..
but the issue is that all the plugins requires you to have a 'shop' page where you have re-enlist your images as a brochure kinda thing..
haven't come across any plugin that will just give an option to click on an image from the standard gallery with an option to buy or something similar..

carguy

@carguy
Joe there are a number of plugins including the paypal plugin that work..
but the issue is that all the plugins requires you to have a 'shop' page where you have re-enlist your images as a brochure kinda thing..
haven't come across any plugin that will just give an option to click on an image from the standard gallery with an option to buy or something similar..

Probably so. But you can use a thumbnail type image and code it to use a 'buy' type function.

Tapp'n on the go

wud

I know it can be setup with PayPal and I tried - every time I choose 1 image, I got send to the paypal site and had to click back to the gallery. Also it went to the top of the page, and not the image you just choose.

Not cool :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk