Raptor

Sambr

hardlanding5.jpgrockhawk3.jpgrockhawk5.jpg

ohkphoto

Snow White
Great images, Sam! What a fabulous capture on the 3rd one!! . . . absolutely my favorite of this bunch. Is this what you see to and from work on a daily basis?!

Sambr

Great images, Sam! What a fabulous capture on the 3rd one!! . . . absolutely my favorite of this bunch. Is this what you see to and from work on a daily basis?!

Thank you Helene - yes pretty much - I work in the city however I take the "long way" through some ranch lands & meadows, there usually is a few deer or hawks around. This hawk will pretty much come up to me: this shot was @ 7:46 am this morning ISO 4500(please excuse the grain) he was no more than 25 yards away. Taking this route adds 20 minutes(more if I stop) to my travel time.
hardlanding5.jpg

ohkphoto

Snow White
Thank you Helene - yes pretty much - I work in the city however I take the "long way" through some ranch lands & meadows, there usually is a few deer or hawks around. This hawk will pretty much come up to me: this shot was @ 7:46 am this morning ISO 4500(please excuse the grain) he was no more than 25 yards away. Taking this route adds 20 minutes(more if I stop) to my travel time.

I would say that the "long route" is definitely worth the extra time. Most of us have to drive hours to even have a chance at a shot like yours. . . and what a great way to start and end the day!