The most remote place you've ever taken pics?

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
I forgot that this picture existed and found it on my phone. It was taken as I was taking pics in cappadocia Turkey. It wasn't really that remote but it was definitely different and far away from home.

uploadfromtaptalk1377216917606.jpg

So where is the most remote place you've ever taken pics?

sent from my phone

Michael J.

Besides lots of European Countries, Australia, USA and some Asian Countries I went to Hong Kong (This are the only pics I found cos the others all got lost on a big Computer Crash. Since that I back-up).

Hong Kong on a stormy rainy day

Camer Model that time nikon e2500

HK-1.jpg

gqtuazon

Gear Head
I've been to most continents except Europe. I would say the most remote place for me will be the Strait of Magelland at the very tip of Chile, South America when we transited coming from the Atlantic ocean to the Pacific Ocean.

I'm sure I have pictures somewhere but I don't have em at the moment. Great scenery but the transit was really rough. Most ships won't make the transit.

strait of magellan map

Last edited:

Moab Man

1. Uninhabited tiny island poking up from the ocean floor. Nearest land 150 plus miles.

2. North of the Arctic Circle in remote area of Alaska.

3. Race Track Playa, Death Valley, California.

RockyNH_RIP

Remote... 2009, 2 of us took a motorcycle trip via the Trans Lab Highway... extremely remote area...

The entire road (route 500 from Labrador City to Happy Valley/Goosebay) is unpaved and the only services along its 550KM route
is midway at a town of Churchhill Falls, built to house workers from the power plant.

IMG_1876.jpg IMG_1756.jpg

IMG_1757.jpg IMG_1776.jpg

We tent camped along the side of road....

Pat in NH

Ijustwant1

Remote... 2009, 2 of us took a motorcycle trip via the Trans Lab Highway... extremely remote area...

The entire road (route 500 from Labrador City to Happy Valley/Goosebay) is unpaved and the only services along its 550KM route
is midway at a town of Churchhill Falls, built to house workers from the power plant.

View attachment 49051 View attachment 49052

View attachment 49053 View attachment 49054

Pat in NH
looks like your riding a BMW GS1150 ?

RockyNH_RIP

2010.... again, a team of 2, we headed up to James Bay and the Cree village of Chisasibi... last place you can get to by road....
James bay is right at the bottom of Hudson Bay Quebec. To get there, we traveled the Route Du Nord (North Road), 406 km unpaved used mostly by gravel trucks. There is only one small Indian village and a relief station with fuel (for the trucks and workers at the power plant) at about 300km

Two shots of the North Road... as remote as it gets..

IMG_2560.jpg IMG_2566.jpg

The road from Chisasibi to the waters of the bay... The bay, the end of the bay...

IMG_2641.jpg IMG_2646.jpg

our bikes in front of the bay!

IMG_2649.jpg

Good subject Jdeg... as I browsed the old pictures it brought back many great memories...

Pat in NH

Moab Man

Pat in NH

​I love this. Sounds like a truly epic trip!

Dr Daniels

Khartoum, Sudan.
I took a snapshot of the University's entrance to show the scorching temperature of the day. 52 degree Celsius = 125.6 degree Fahrenheit.

Sudan.jpg

Horoscope Fish

Not sure this is *the* most remote location I've been to, but it ranks right up there. These were taken somewhere along the Carizzo Gorge Rail Line, also known as "The Impossible Railroad" due to the incredibly inhospitable nature of the surrounding terrain which these two pics really don't show off too well. Believe me when I tell you it gets a LOT worse.

Pretty sure these were taken with an old P&S of mine...

Attachments

• Carizzo Gorge Revisited - May 2011 (1).jpg
    Carizzo Gorge Revisited - May 2011 (1).jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 100
  • Carizzo Gorge Revisited - May 2011 (84).jpg
    Carizzo Gorge Revisited - May 2011 (84).jpg
    213 KB · Views: 100

Sandpatch

Nemo, TN. Not extremely remote, but before the days of GPS, a very challenging place to find with a lot of dirt road driving and a drive through an abandoned railroad tunnel to get there. I carried back a souvenir in the form of a fat tick on my belly found later.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Great stories everyone!

Btw to see the pic I was taking check out my blog about cappadocia.

sent from my phone

bechdan

About 5 years ago went to visit my friend in NZ, my photography skills werent quite as good back then either. The most remote is probably mid way along the dusky sound track south island newzeland, its about a 6 day tramp/hike staying in huts, when there were days like this

P2200190_zps0eaed00e.jpg

but then days like this too

DSC_0111_zps19019d00.jpg

DSC_0082_zps05867c32.jpg

Last edited: