Grid Lines

High201

The Nikon D3200 does not have a grid line option. Are you kidding me? I really wish I had done more research before buying this camera. I'll know more if I decide to make another purchase. Even my Cell Phone Camera has Grid Lines.

Carolina Photo Guy

The Nikon D3200 does not have a grid line option. Are you kidding me? I really wish I had done more research before buying this camera. I'll know more if I decide to make another purchase. Even my Cell Phone Camera has Grid Lines.
If you think about it, you don't really need them. You are using the grid lines to mark the thirds and to make sure you have the image level. Other than that, the grid just gets in the way.
Get in the habit of using the FOCUS grid as your composition and level grid.
It will serve the same purpose and it will also help you learn to selectively focus.
Hope this helps. :cool:

High201

I agree that you should not become too dependent on Grid Lines, But it would still be nice to have as an option. My cell phone has this feature and I really like it. I wish that I had the option to turn if off and on.

High201

It's not a question that I need it, but for me it is nice to have. I find it very easy to use. Put your subject in the intersecting lines then touch the screen to focus and take the pic. Simple. The pictures are not too bad also. You don't need this function and I probably don't either but it is still nice to have for those of us who like it. I also like how you can touch anywhere on the screen and it will focus on that spot with the phone. This is not a Galaxy S3 forum I realize that, but all I am saying is it would be nice to have this feature of the grid lines, for me anyway, on my Nikon D3200. Sorry to drag this on. I guess that I will have to get some good shots without the grid lines. lol thanks for your replies.

marce

My view is:
Why constrain yourself to grid lines, where accuracy is paramount for level (sky/landscape shots) use the focus points, the rest use your feelings for how it should look.