Parade...

johnwartjr

expo.jpg

EXIF DATA:

D700
70-200 f/2.8 VRII @ 90mm
f/5 1/320th second
ISO 200

My community is very proud of its diversity, and for more than 25 years, we have had an annual Ethnic Expo in the fall.

Every year, a celebration is held, with many nations and cultures represented. There are booths with food, crafts and trinkets, a parade, music, etc.

This photo came from the parade on the final day of the Expo. It's one of my favorite recent captures.

Since the Nikonites have had some great constructive criticism for my recent photos, I thought I'd submit this one, to see what everyone thinks, and perhaps get some ideas on how I could make it even better!

Joseph Bautsch

It's about as good as it gets. The only thing I would do is lighten up the shadows for more detail. Very good action capture of the main subject. Excellent facial expression. The other people in the shot are in the background and all are looking at the main subject. That directs the attention of someone viewing the shot back to the main subject. You could crop it down to make the format more vertical and the main subject more prominent but either way it's a very good shot.

fotojack

Yup, I agree with Joseph. Not much to critique here. Looks like a good overall shot, featuring the main subject. Nice and focused, well composed, good lighting.......looks good to me overall. :)