Great tip for photography on annual Holidays

bgatty68

The best tip I can give is..........................Always check what lens is on your camera before going and flying off to another country, then that way you won't do what i did and assume that my 18-55mm lens was on my camera and then take out the 50mm lens(in its case) from my bag and leave it on my dining room table and then after carrying the camera bag (weight/space restrictions with luggage was why i wanted to leave the 50mm behind) arrive in Turkey at the villa, then look at the beautiful bay and take camera out of the bag only to find the 50mm attached and the 18-55mm was back in the UK::what::
Yep thats my holiday tip.

Scott Murray

The best tip I can give is..........................Always check what lens is on your camera before going and flying off to another country, then that way you won't do what i did and assume that my 18-55mm lens was on my camera and then take out the 50mm lens(in its case) from my bag and leave it on my dining room table and then after carrying the camera bag (weight/space restrictions with luggage was why i wanted to leave the 50mm behind) arrive in Turkey at the villa, then look at the beautiful bay and take camera out of the bag only to find the 50mm attached and the 18-55mm was back in the UK::what::
Yep thats my holiday tip.

Looks like you will be zooming with your feet ;) and practicing stitching when you get home.

Dr Daniels

I'm actually thinking that being stuck with a 50mm prime could actually be a blessing in disguise.
The best way to improve your composition skills!

mikew_RIP

Doubt you will know of Victor Blackman from the black and white days of that famous magazine amateur photographer,when ask the difference a 35-70mm zoom gave he said a few steps back or forward,he also said if a tripod was easy to carry it wasn't worth taking :D oh how things change.

mike

bgatty68

It was so bad that even with the 50mm lens on i couldn't get a family portrait of us in front of the Villa, so I had to take pictures as if i was doing a panoramic shot and yes as Mike says i have now got to try to stitch em together. I was not popular with the family at all especially as I had been saying how good the pictures will look on my camera compared to their iphone pictures.

That is the reason I bought the 18-105 zoom. No matter what lens I shoot last I always put the 18-105 back on the camera before I put it away for the day. That way if i grab and go without the bag I have the most functional lens on the camera with me.