Hi.

maccab36

Hi, my name is Brian, new to the forum but not to the world of Nikon.

Employment: Client Manager - Home Automation

My current kit (about 4days old now) is:
Nikon D700 + 24-70 f2.8 + 70-200f2.8 + Sigma 12-24 + SB600 + the usual stuff and accessories

I still have my Nikon D70 with the 2 kit lens (Now used by the wife for family happy snaps of our baby)

Previous Nikons:
F601
F501

I'm looking forward to expanding my photographic skills to match my new kit, as they say, it's above my pay grade ;)

Ruidoso Bill

Hello Brian and welcome to Nikonites! Wow nice kit you got going there. Make sure to put all your equipment info in your profile, helps in the future. We hope you'll find the forum helpful and enjoyable. There is a great group of folks on this forum ready to help.

Last edited by a moderator:

johnwartjr

Welcome Brian.

Great setup there. Sounds like we have very similar equipment.

I'm jealous, though, it's just getting warm on your side of the world, and just starting to freeze on mine :) My D700 is about 3 months old now, and it's getting to the point where I don't want to go outside and play with it :)

maccab36

Hello Brian and welcome to Nikonites! Wow nice kit you got going there. Make sure to put all your equipment info in your profile, helps in the future. We hope you'll the forum helpful and enjoyable. There is a great group of folks on this forum ready to help.
From what I've seen so far this looks like a great forum for Nikon users.
This my first serious kit, I'm really looking forward to learning more about the D700 and take my passion for photography to new levels.
P.S I have updated my profile :)

maccab36

Welcome Brian.

Great setup there. Sounds like we have very similar equipment.

I'm jealous, though, it's just getting warm on your side of the world, and just starting to freeze on mine :) My D700 is about 3 months old now, and it's getting to the point where I don't want to go outside and play with it :)

I'm in SE Queensland, so the weather is pretty good all year round :p

So far the D700 has exceeded my expectations & the full size sensor, how I have lived without it for so long has got me beat lol

BTW: the temp today was 82.5F nice and warm. :p

Joseph Bautsch

Hi Brian and welcome to the Nikonites Community. The D700 is a great camera and you should have a lot of fun with whether it's cold or warm. Lots of friendly folks here who like to share their experience and knowledge of photography so jump right in and join us.