1st ever moon photo

Hello.
this is my 1st every moon photo on my new camera(2weeks old)

Attachments

• CSC_0050.jpg
    CSC_0050.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 122
  • DSC_0049.jpg
    DSC_0049.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 103

Dave_W

The Dude
Not bad for a first try. There are lots of little things you can do to increase your sharpness. All of them minor but they add up quickly. One thing that is most important is a sturdy tripod. The other is to utilize your exposure delay settings (put at 3 sec or the highest possible setting) and if you have a remote shutter release, that's even better but I would still use the exposure delay.
And then as Scott is hinting at, during your PP be sure to play around with the sharpening levels. A little bit goes a long way. Too sharp and it will start looking grainy so play around with it.
All in all, a great first try. I can tell you it's 10x better than my first attempt, that's for sure.

Scott Murray

Not bad for a first try. There are lots of little things you can do to increase your sharpness. All of them minor but they add up quickly. One thing that is most important is a sturdy tripod. The other is to utilize your exposure delay settings (put at 3 sec or the highest possible setting) and if you have a remote shutter release, that's even better but I would still use the exposure delay.
And then as Scott is hinting at, during your PP be sure to play around with the sharpening levels. A little bit goes a long way. Too sharp and it will start looking grainy so play around with it.
All in all, a great first try. I can tell you it's 10x better than my first attempt, that's for sure.

I would be embarrassed to show my 1st attempt lol

Moab Man

Follow all the advice you were given, it was all dead on. The thing you did really right is your exposure. Too many moon shots are over exposed (too bright). The moon loses its detail when it's too bright.

Great first effort. While it's all fresh in your head you should shoot it again tonight and improve upon your last.