Flower from the garden

premc44

Comments are welcome Violet2.jpg

ohkphoto

Snow White
I love the simplicity of this and the transparency of the petals. Beautiful shot! What did you use for a background?

I'm so envious that you have flowers in the garden! We're moving into winter, and our flowers are gone :-(

Best Regards

premc44

Thank you Helene. The green background is the lawn, which is rendered blurred by the f 5.6 at 200mm. I don't have a fancy lens and this was shot with a AF Nikkor 70-200 f4.5-5.6, no VR. I am waiting for my Tamron SP 70-300 f4-5.6 VC, which has received excellent reviews.
By the way, we are having mostly rainy days now, but today morning was quite sunny. You can get some good photo opportunities in winter, I am expecting some good photos from you with lot of snow.
Regards

Last edited:

ohkphoto

Snow White
I don't have a fancy lens and this was shot with a AF Nikkor 70-200 f4.5-5.6, no VR. I am waiting for my Tamron SP 70-300 f4-5.6 VC, which has received excellent reviews

More evidence that equipment does not the photographer make! Great job!

I am expecting some good photos from you with lot of snow.

I know it's a sacrilege to say this when you live in a ski resort area, but I'm hoping most of the snow stays on the mountain and not in my back yard!

Best Regards

Curt

Here winter has come, no more taking pics. of flowers in the garden....lol. Have to look for other subjects :).

Last edited by a moderator:

fotojack

When Curt says winter has come, he means it! It gets bone chilling cold where he is in the winter.......not conducive to being outdoors and taking pictures. Same goes with where I am in Alberta. I just tend to hibernate until the warmer weather arrives before I venture out to do any serious picture taking. :)

Nice picture of the flower, by the way. What kind of flower is it?

Curt

You bet! Winter is here for sure today it is pretty nice with -5, but last week it was -27, -32 with the wind chill...lol.
I do manage to get out and take some pics though. I was out at the mall taking pics of my little son with Santa.
But I don't blame you, Jack is right, not weather you want to hang out in to take photos...lol.
One just has to find subjects inside :).