Refurbished Question

Chris1983

Hi All,

This may fall under the "Stupid Question" category, but here goes.

I was looking at some refurbished D3200 units (D5100 as well) on the Cameta Camera website; I noticed there were a couple of different prices for the same camera with the same lens (18-55mm VR). Are there varying degrees of quality with the refurbished units which are sold, kind of a "This unit is more expensive because it is in better shape than the others"? I'm open to refurbished units, but I'm wondering if price is an indicator of the quality of the unit I would be buying?

Hi All,

This may fall under the "Stupid Question" category, but here goes.

I was looking at some refurbished D3200 units (D5100 as well) on the Cameta Camera website; I noticed there were a couple of different prices for the same camera with the same lens (18-55mm VR). Are there varying degrees of quality with the refurbished units which are sold, kind of a "This unit is more expensive because it is in better shape than the others"? I'm open to refurbished units, but I'm wondering if price is an indicator of the quality of the unit I would be buying?

They are all the same price, If you see different prices then look carefully and you will see they come with more. Some of them are sold as kits that include a tripod, lens cleaner, SD Cards etc... All refurbs are created equal. I did buy my D5100 as a refurb from Cameta and would do it again. You really might want to buy the body and lens separately. Get the D5100 Body and the 18-105 Zoom (also a Refurb)

Nikon D5100 Digital SLR Camera Body - Factory Refurbished $359.95

Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 G VR ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens - Factory Refurbished $209.95

$569.90 for a great kit that will probably save you money in the long road because the 18-105 is a better walk around lens that will keep you satisfied for a lot longer for only $134 more than the camera with the 18-55 zoom

crashton

Having bought a few lenses & a camera body from Cameta all I can say is they are a good company. The refurbs I got were as new. The only difference was the boxes they came in.

Chris1983

Thank you both for the feedback. Below are the two D3200 units I was looking at:

$499.95 - Nikon D3200 Digital SLR Camera & 18-55mm VR DX AF-S Zoom Lens (Red) - Factory Refurbished includes Full 1 Year Warranty

$454.95 - Nikon D3200 Digital SLR Camera & 18-55mm VR DX AF-S Zoom Lens (Black) -Factory Refurbished includes Full 1 Year Warranty

I'm not able to see any differences between the two. Just curious on the price difference. I have no doubt I'll be getting a quality camera. :D

T
hanks again!

Bill16

Frankly I'd buy a pink D600 if that meant I could get it right away! Lol :D Well maybe not, since my wife might steal it then and I'd be back to square one again! Lol :D