Playing around with saturation and exposure - NSFW

STM

I took a lingerie image and dropped the saturation a good bit and raised the brightness an equal amount. Amber has a naturally light complexion and naturally very blonde hair

What do you think?

Amberhighkey.jpg

fotojack

I find it to be a little under saturated. Needs more definition....it's too bright. The best part of this photo are her eyes.

Dave_W

The Dude
I think it looks nice but I think a little more contrast would remove that ghost-like appearance while keeping that faded look. That said, I realize this desaturated look is very big right now and wouldn't be surprised if the 2010's are remembered for this fad in photography but I have yet to completely warm to it. In a way it reminds me of the whole "zoom" look of the 1970's and the drippy Velia look of the late 1980's-1990's followed by the tilt-shift look of the 2000's, all very dated now but were big in their day.

Horoscope Fish

... the drippy Velia look of the late 1980's-1990's...
[Thread Jack]

I'm not familiar with this... technique(?). More info, please? The only Velia I know is the ancient Greek city and I don't think that's what you're referring to. The Googles, they turn up nothing that appears related.

[/Thread Jack]

Dave_W

The Dude
[Thread Jack]

I'm not familiar with this... technique(?). More info, please? The only Velia I know is the ancient Greek city and I don't think that's what you're referring to. The Googles, they turn up nothing that appears related.

[/Thread Jack]

Typo alert - Velia should have been Velvia

Horoscope Fish

Typo alert - Velia should have been Velvia
Ohhhh... Jeez!

*facepalm*

Now I think I know what you mean. You're referring to that over-saturated look... Typically done in landscapes as I remember.

I honestly didn't know that's what it's called! I've been referring to them as "Maxfield Parrish" shots.

/Sorry Max...

rikman

I like it! The brightness gives it a cool ghostly feeling & but her eyes counter that b

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Moab Man

For me a tad down on the bright and a slight, not much, push of the red lingerie and blue eyes.

Huge suggestion for all of us, PLEASE put the nsfw at the beginning of the thread. I clicked on the thread from the new posts on the right side of the screen where the latter half of your post title was cut off and got an unexpected surprise. It was no big deal but accidentally could be for someone doing as I did.