D90 vs D7000 suggestions

Toddw

I'm looking for all the wisdom you guys have here. I currently have a D5000 and I've made the decision to move up. I had decided on a D7000 because of the features and the reviews I've watched. I've found a good deal on a used D90 and don't know whether Go ahead and buy it, $450 including a 50mm 1.8d, or sick with my original decision and hold out fir a D7000. Thanks

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Horoscope Fish

I'm looking for all the wisdom you guys have here. I currently have a D5000 and I've made the decision to move up. I had decided on a D7000 because of the features and the reviews I've watched. I've found a good deal on a used D90 and don't know whether Go ahead and buy it, $450 including a 50mm 1.8d, or sick with my original decision and hold out fir a D7000. Thanks
Stick with your original plan. Definitely. The 7000 is, simply put, the better upgrade path.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Your thread title is a little misguiding. Are you talking about D90 vs D7000 or D700? There is a huge difference. If you were talking about D7000, then I could change the title of the thread.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I'd say it depends on your expectations. One thing I know for sure is that the D90 is more forgiving than the D7000. So, beware of motion blur with the D7000. I've had both and was extremely happy with my D90. I only went with the D700 because I was having better results doing available light interior portraits with the D7000 (higher ISO).

450 with the lens looks like a bargain if the camera doesn't have more than 15k actuations.

​Again just my personal opinion.

Deezey

What is it that you like to shoot? Indoor shots with the D90 can be tough. 800 is tops on the ISO and still getting a good print. (For me anyways)

But don't let my earlier comment fool you. The D90 is a seriously good camera. If you can deal with the ok low light performance.... I would say save the cash and go D90.

But if you need better low light performance.....the D7000 has it beat.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

kklor

I think the D90 is really well built and a will be a great step-up from the D5000. Yes I find 800/ISO is a top comfort point but depends on your use. Unless you do most shooting in dark places with no flash I say D90.

grandpaw

Don't know if this is OK to do but I just posted a D90 with extra battery, Nikon 18-200VR and filter in mint condition in the market place on this site. You can see it HERE.