Help with P520

Kelly Marshall

Hi i just recently purchased this camera. As I am a novice I have changed something and don't know what I have done so can't change it back. When I open the monitor out the image is now shown upside down and when closed i can't view anything through the viewfinder, The EVF is supposed to be automatic when monitor is closed!!!! can anyone help me?

WayneF

When I open the monitor out the image is now shown upside down and when closed i can't view anything through the viewfinder

I don't have one, so I may be missing something, but you can rotate the monitor angle to store it face out (as a viewfinder), or face covered for protection in the camera recess. If stored covered, it opens facing back so you can use it for a monitor. If stored open, it opens facing forward, for example, if you were shooting a self portrait of yourself.

But it also rotates vertically then, so why not just rotate it around right like you want it?

I think the viewfinder only works when the monitor is stored covered. See manual, pages 7, 8, 9.

Last edited:

Kelly Marshall

Yeah you are correct WayneF but even when it is closed over i can't see anything through the viewfinder, it's like the camera doesn't know the monitor is closed over. I think it is faulty and not a settings issue now as i have been through the whole settings and nothing changes. Phoned a camera shop and they had never heard of the problem