I bought myself a Nikon D3200 a few weeks ago how do you timelapse?

Stephen Adams

hello i have bought myself a Nikon d3200 a few weeks ago i have had a sony cybershot compact camera before and i have never had a dslr camera and now i wish i had bought one years ago :) does any one know if you can upgrade the firmware on this camera and how do i set up my nikon d3200 up so i can start to learn to do timelasp is it in there menus somewhere ? i bought my self The Opteka "LapsePro" Timer Remote Control and should have it tomorrow is there a way to set up timelasp with in the menu?

also which settings do most people prefer for early morning sunrises ? i was thinking of doing a 6 hour timelasp near a monument over looking the estuary for the sunsrise and for the tide to come in what would be best for cloudly or part cloudily ?

any help and info would be apreicted

thank you

Stephen Adams

i had a look on youtube but couldn't find anything apart from other nikon cameras i found nothing for d3200 any one know of any good videos on how to set up time laspes also ?

​thank you

pedroj

I mostly use manual and aperture modes for sunrise/sunsets....Aperture set between F5.6 and F13, F22 if I want to flatten waves and ripples on water...

Horoscope Fish

i had a look on youtube but couldn't find anything apart from other nikon cameras i found nothing for d3200 any one know of any good videos on how to set up time laspes also ?
I don't think you're going to find a step-by-step tutorial on doing time lapse photography using the Nikon '3200. You're going to have to 1. Google how to do time lapse photography and 2. apply the required settings to your '3200.

If you don't know how to apply those settings to your '3200 you'll need to consult your User Manual or other third-party sources.

sOnIc

I'm also looking forward to doing time-lapse, but have not bought an intervalomter yet. I've seen many vids on youtube on this subject, the camera model is not really of much consequence. I think your asking how to compile the individual shots into one video file? The interval-timer gives you the flexibility required to take the individual shots required; but the camera does not have a function for compiling those stills into a video. So after shooting those hundreds/thousands of still pictures; you need to use software such as Photoshop/Premier (or many other alternatives; some may be free) to sequence those stills into a 24fps+ moving video. I've only this week realised Photoshop has mpeg video sequencing : )

This video should get you started, but theres plenty more: Beginner's Guide to Timelapse Photography - YouTube

A sunset or sunrise will be fairly challenging I imagine because the light levels are gradually going up/down over time, that's going to require some thought. I am dying to have a go but got other priorities at the moment. Hope this helps.