YN-622 and Camera control

Mfrankfort

Just a quick question. I was wondering for anyone has/has used the YN-622's out there, if you can still control the output/mode from the Commander mode. I recently got a 568EXII, and love that you can just turn it on, set it to S2, and control everything (FEC, ttl, m...) from the commander mode. I was wondering however, if you attach a set of 622's to the flash/camera, if you could still control them through the commander mode, as I heard controlling them from the units themselves is pretty confusing. I love being able to control the flash from the camera, but when inside my softbox, sometimes the unit won't fire if it can't see the pre-flash, so figured radio triggers was a good idea. Any comments would be awesome! PS- If your thinking about the 568... get it.

Mfrankfort

edit: I'll go ahead and answer my own question...haha

Ya. I was looking at those, but I want (insert hate comments) the TTL/HSS functions that no one likes/uses. :-( haha. From what I've looked into, you can't use commander mode. That's restricted to the IR from the pop up flash. But they're in the works (october release perhaps) of a 622tx, almost like a SU-800 that has built in control of the 622's to adjust power and modes from the module, and it can be mounted directly onto the hot-shoe.