Anyone do their own blogs?

Jahendo

I've been doing a LOT of reading, and while working I listen to podcasts. I'm a little obsessed right now, but honestly I don't see that as a bad thing. A couple different podcasts have recommended starting a blog to get your photography out there as well. I started one through wordpress, but I've never been too good about blogging, or keeping up with it. I decided to keep it as an online journal as I learn to use my camera, and how my composition and skills increase. Someday I'll go back and look to see how much it really has changed.

Does anyone else do this, have something I can read? I'm interested, and of course interested in feedback on my own.

​richardwbest.wordpress.com

ohkphoto

Snow White
I've been doing a LOT of reading, and while working I listen to podcasts. I'm a little obsessed right now, but honestly I don't see that as a bad thing. A couple different podcasts have recommended starting a blog to get your photography out there as well. I started one through wordpress, but I've never been too good about blogging, or keeping up with it. I decided to keep it as an online journal as I learn to use my camera, and how my composition and skills increase. Someday I'll go back and look to see how much it really has changed.

Does anyone else do this, have something I can read? I'm interested, and of course interested in feedback on my own.

​richardwbest.wordpress.com

I have several blogs. This one is my main photography blog: helenekobelnyk.net

Jahendo

Very nice site! I'm going to have to give it a full read once I have a bit more time. I couldn't help but notice the picture of White Sands on your profile, by the way. I'm from Las Cruces, NM, originally! It's funny, I have so many places back home I'd love to go back and photograph, now that I have a basic idea of what I'm doing. I'm jealous!

ohkphoto

Snow White
Very nice site! I'm going to have to give it a full read once I have a bit more time. I couldn't help but notice the picture of White Sands on your profile, by the way. I'm from Las Cruces, NM, originally! It's funny, I have so many places back home I'd love to go back and photograph, now that I have a basic idea of what I'm doing. I'm jealous!

How wonderful! On the other side of the Orogrande mtns from me! I'm not originally from NM, but have had a love affair with this state for the last 25 years!

Not sure which part of Oregon you're in, but that part of the country is beautiful, too! I'm looking forward to seeing your photos! BTW, you're off to a good start on your blog, and definitely, a blog is the best way to get your photos out there!

​Welcome to the forum . . . I don't remember when you signed on and if I officially welcomed you! :D

Jahendo

There were parts of NM I loved, and some aspects that I couldn't really enjoy. Mostly the heat. I'm not a huge fan, though I grew up and lived most of my life there. I moved to OR about 6 years ago, and have loved it ever since. I live in Central Oregon, which really reminds me more of Northern Arizona. Similar climate and landscape (high desert), but doesn't get much over 90 degrees during the warmest months. Of course, I'm 3 hours from the coast, 1 hour from BEAUTIFUL trees, colors, mountains, and hills, and during the Winter we get some decent storms. I can't wait to learn how to photograph white on white on white on white. Haha.

Just signed up a few days ago...needed a place to learn and a community to grow with. My friend is on here, which is how I found it. So far, very happy!

Thank you for the compliments and the welcome! I'll be posting a lot more as things progress.

Jahendo

I aim to do at least one post a day, with samples of what I've been shooting. As I said in the blog, I average 250 shots a day, usually. Camera goes with me everywhere, and I take pictures of the most random things just to see what it will look like. I think it's a good idea for me to at least write down what I'm thinking, what I was trying to achieve, and how I was shooting. The biggest thing I'm looking for there, here, and on my SmugMug is feedback. So far, I've received surprisingly little. I'm not sure what to think of that.