Playback not available?

Patographer

To anyone who can help before I contact Nikon:

I purchased the Nikon D3200 a year ago brand new. Last week I go to use it and it will not let me use playback to see my photos or live view to record video. It saids, "playback not currently available". So far...

-It's not the WU-1a. I don't own one nor has one ever been plugged into the camera.
-I've tried multiple other SD cards.
-I reset all the settings to default.
-It still takes picture and saves them to the card I just can't see them until I plug the camera in to the PC.
-I am using a genuine battery.

Anyone know what it could be? Other people mention this when I do a google search but no one has a solution. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Fred Kingston

Sounds like it's broke...

Your post is refreshing... unlike most first posts... It sounds like you tried to research and find an answer yourself, and you didn't waste our times by telling us what exactly you already tried... :eek:

​Welcome to the forum...

Mfrankfort

I can't play back when my wireless adapter is in.. Try taking out the WU-1 and doing it. It's a cool feature (the WU-1), but kind of annoying you can't play back when it's plugged in.

Dave_W

The Dude
Looks like you've eliminated nearly all the possible problems. The only thing I can suggest, and it's a "hail mary" more than anything else and that is to reset your camera back to factory settings on the off chance you've disabled this function in some obscure way. I'm not sure how you do it with a D3200 but I'm sure it involves holding down two buttons for a few moments. Check your manual or google it, I'm sure it's not a hard thing to learn.

Other than that, I would consider visiting a repair place and get their opinion in the problem.

Patographer

Thanks everyone! I will try the factory reset Dave. That could possibly work. If that doesn't do it I will contact Nikon. Once it's fixed I will post what was wrong with it and what fixed it so people in the future will know. I'm kind of disappointed that I've only had it a year and I'm already running into a problem that might cost me money to fix. I had a D50 for 5 years that I bought used and I never had one problem. But I guess these things happen. It's kind of like shooting film now because I can't see the photos I shot until I get home and plug it in.

HotHits

Have you tried the D3200 firmware upgrade.:D
To anyone who can help before I contact Nikon:

I purchased the Nikon D3200 a year ago brand new. Last week I go to use it and it will not let me use playback to see my photos or live view to record video. It saids, "playback not currently available". So far...

-It's not the WU-1a. I don't own one nor has one ever been plugged into the camera.
-I've tried multiple other SD cards.
-I reset all the settings to default.
-It still takes picture and saves them to the card I just can't see them until I plug the camera in to the PC.
-I am using a genuine battery.

Anyone know what it could be? Other people mention this when I do a google search but no one has a solution. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Patographer

It won't let me update the firmware. I'm assuming because of what's broken on it. I found out from someone else who got theirs repaired that it's a problem with the motherboard in the camera. It's around 70-$80 for the part. I really want to fix it and get it sold. I've looked into the D600 but hear that model has a problem with spraying lubricant on the mirror. WTF Nikon?! It seems like Nikons cameras 5+ years ago where a lot better quality.

chri

Have you fixed it yet please? I have the same exact problem and I've done anything to try and fix it! No good results yet! I want my NIKON back :(