Close up portrait

wud

f/1.4, iso 800, 1/200
50mm
Natural light from window

Taken immediate after hard training

ole_boksning_1239_web_84929.jpg

Blade Canyon

You nailed the focus on the eyes. That's the very first thing, and often the hardest. The front of the shirt, drenched in sweat, is also in focus. Nice pic. I like the sidelight, too.

Even though he had a hard workout, he doesn't appear to be tired. Just wet.

wud

You nailed the focus on the eyes. That's the very first thing, and often the hardest. The front of the shirt, drenched in sweat, is also in focus. Nice pic. I like the sidelight, too.

Even though he had a hard workout, he doesn't appear to be tired. Just wet.

Thank you - I wasn't satisfied, though, but couldn't really figure out why. It seems to be the lighting/colors due to the light.
Also, he doesn't really say enough with his eyes, I think? (If you get what I mean)

I went back and tried again but this time I also took him outside, much much better imo.
Got something similar to this, got one slightly better but haven't had the time to edit it properly yet.

For this I used f/3.5 to avoid the soft look of the highest aperture.

ole-anders_1819_web2.jpg

Last edited:

singlerosa_RIP

I like the second one. Not a big fan of chopping the top of his head off, though. You might also try a bit of fill flash to get a catch light in his eyes.

Thank you - I wasn't satisfied, though, but couldn't really figure out why. It seems to be the lighting/colors due to the light.
Also, he doesn't really say enough with his eyes, I think? (If you get what I mean)

I went back and tried again but this time I also took him outside, much much better imo.
Got something similar to this, got one slightly better but haven't had the time to edit it properly yet.

For this I used f/3.5 to avoid the soft look of the highest aperture.

ole-anders_1819_web2.jpg

I just made one small change.

fighter.jpg

his eyes? thats all i see different

You are correct.

"Also, he doesn't really say enough with his eyes, I think?"

They sort of disappeared and had no intensity. All I did was lighten the eyes so that stand out. To me they are now the focus of the photo. Again, that is my opinion.

Any comments?

wud

You are correct.

"Also, he doesn't really say enough with his eyes, I think?"

They sort of disappeared and had no intensity. All I did was lighten the eyes so that stand out. To me they are now the focus of the photo. Again, that is my opinion.

Any comments?

I see ;) And you are right - maybe a bit to much brightened but I get the idea.

Singlerosa, had doubts about the crop but ended up with this, I thought he had way to much head if I didn't. I will see if it can work without such a hard crop.

I see ;) And you are right - maybe a bit to much brightened but I get the idea.

Singlerosa, had doubts about the crop but ended up with this, I thought he had way to much head if I didn't. I will see if it can work without such a hard crop.

I was just stressing the intensity of his look.