D7000 to D600

87mstng

So I have an opportunity to get a D600 with the 24-85vr lens if I sell my D7000 gripped and 18-105.

Is it worth selling? or would buying "good" glass for my D7000 be a better idea. I like the fact the D600 is much better in lower light.

​Your thought are appreciated.

Bill16

It's hard to say without more info. Is the D600 used? Is it from a reliable seller? Are you wanting to go to a FX eventually anyway? Is the 18-105 the only DX lens you have? Things like that.

PapaST

I think some of it depends on what you like to shoot. Both are great cameras. I personally made the jump from D7000 to D600 and I'm glad I did. I had a small collection of FX lenses already so that made the jump easier. Without the lenses and without knowing if the D600 I was getting had dust issues then I'd probably spend money on glass for now and wait for another FX camera or when D600 consistently come out of the factory "dust free".

87mstng

D600 would be new.
Fx is an option.
I also have a 50mm 1.8g.

My son will be playing hockey this year (indoors). And he plays baseball and soccer during the summer outdoors. So, I like snapping pics of him. I also like close-up (macro) and portrait.

So this is what I'm thinking. D600 (probably never upgrade the camera again) with the 24-85 along with my 50mm, and wait a while to get a good "zoom".

Or keep what I have and buy a nice zoom, tamron 70-200mm 2.8 di vc usd and a nice macro, maybe the 105mm micro. These lenses and what I have would pretty much cover the whole spectrum from wide to zoom and macro.

I'm thinking the way to go would be to keep the D7000.

But again, your thoughts are always welcome.

Bill16

Well a lot of people love DX and stick with them happily and you could always go with the D7100 if you decide to upgrade later and still be able to use the DX lenses. :)
I personally will be buying the D600 when I can figure out how to come up with the money! Lol :)
D600 would be new.
Fx is an option.
I also have a 50mm 1.8g.

My son will be playing hockey this year (indoors). And he plays baseball and soccer during the summer outdoors. So, I like snapping pics of him. I also like close-up (macro) and portrait.

So this is what I'm thinking. D600 (probably never upgrade the camera again) with the 24-85 along with my 50mm, and wait a while to get a good "zoom".

Or keep what I have and buy a nice zoom, tamron 70-200mm 2.8 di vc usd and a nice macro, maybe the 105mm micro. These lenses and what I have would pretty much cover the whole spectrum from wide to zoom and macro.

I'm thinking the way to go would be to keep the D7000.

But again, your thoughts are always welcome.