I'm pronouncing my D600 "Officially Clean"

BackdoorArts

Just wanted to come out and officially state that I've crossed over 2000 shutter activations since getting my second shutter replacement on my D600 and I have had zero dust and oil issues with it. I've only had to blow the sensor clean twice, and that after many, many outdoor lens swaps across humid Florida and a dirt and mud covered Bethlehem Musikfest, and rather persistent use of Continuous High mode, which brought out the oil quickly and in abundance on my first two shutters.

I couldn't be happier. This camera is the absolute best.

RockyNH_RIP

Just wanted to come out and officially state that I've crossed over 2000 shutter activations since getting my second shutter replacement on my D600 and I have had zero dust and oil issues with it. I've only had to blow the sensor clean twice, and that after many, many outdoor lens swaps across humid Florida and a dirt and mud covered Bethlehem Musikfest, and rather persistent use of Continuous High mode, which brought out the oil quickly and in abundance on my first two shutters.

That is great news... has to make you feel good now!!!

Pat in NH

aZuMi

Glad to hear...I still can't send mine over since I just love the camera for engagement photo shoots!

BackdoorArts

I don't know that it makes me feel "good", but I'm glad I can treat it as "normal" and not have to worry every time I shoot smaller than f11, wondering if I'll start to see spots in the sky.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm really glad to hear this. Perhaps I'll be sending mine out sooner rather than to wait until the warranty is almost up. :)

VectorZ

This is good news indeed! My camera arrives back from Nikon tomorrow with a new shutter and I'm crossing my fingers I'll never have to wet clean again!

ajsorrell

Great news! Unfortunately I'm going the path of continued cleaning until the shutter runs out of oil to throw... I do notice a considerable slow down and after reading your previous posts, I mostly use Single Shutter Release.