Editing scenes

Patrick M

I'm exploring using the two user defined presets on the left dial, namely U1 and U2

The idea was to select a scene, then change various settings to see what the resultant photo looked like.
So I selected the 'Pet' scene and saved it to U1.
Now when I rotate from say A to U1 I see the animal icon in the upper left of the info screen. However, I can't change many of the settings...for example I can't change the ISO.
So I may be doing something wrong, or maybe it's not possible? I'd have thought saving a scene in U1 or U2 would have been a relatively obvious thing to do.

Any tips here?

Cheers
Patrick

a5u9ybas.jpg

Blade Canyon

I understand that the button and dial might not change the ISO, but your camera is set to ISO-Auto right now. Put it in U1 then go to the menu (not the Info button, but the Menu button) and try to change ISO in the shooting menu. Put it on any manual number, then get out and see if you can then use the button/dial to change the ISO manually.

​If that works, save it as the new U1.

Last edited:

Patrick M

Der....I thumbed the wheel left with ISO selected, and Auto was not changing. Now I thumb the other way and it changes. Isn't it funny how those stupid things get overlooked!! I feel a bit of a plonker ... Oh well, it's a learning curve

Cheers