I've made a D3100 18-55 VR kit Lens Profile for Lightroom. Testers welcome

paul_b

Hello mate, thanks for the reply. I suspect you have indeed done something wrong because it sounds impossible that a lens profile made by Adobe software could actually have an effect like that because it's just distortion correction and nothing to do with brightness of an image.

Maybe try again?

esl1885

I have to admit, I tried this with RawTherapee, but Adobe lcp profiles are supposed to work with it.
Maybe they don't. I will check on the RT forums and see if I can get more insight to this.

Thanks,

Sam

paul_b

Hello mate

I just downloaded Rawtherapee to see if i could replicate your issue. The good news (for me at least) is that it works perfectly in Rawtherapee too (i'm using Windows 8 x64). So, unfortunately i don't know what's going on at your end?

ps i never knew they could be used in Rawtherapee too!

esl1885

Found my problem. I thought the photo I tried it on was a 18-55 photo, but checked it and it was one taken with the 55-200 lens. Used one taken with the 18-55 and it worked just as intended. Seemed to do a good job of correcting.

Sam

paul_b

It's good to hear the lens profile is performing, and i'm very glad someone else has found use for it too because it took some effort to make.

Yay :cool: