Photo Card Printing Services

vsgriffey

Hello all. I'm an amateur photographer who is selling her first prints in an upcoming print sale. I've decided on mpix.com for my prints, but I would also like to sell some greeting cards with my photo on the front, blank inside, and a small sentence on the back. THe catch is that I don't want too many cards for just one photo, I'd like to have a series maybe, with 6 photos spread across 30 cards or so. Mpix only deals in 30 cards of one photo or more, and Mixbook and Shutterfly would be too expensive for me to try and make a profit off of the cards, as the print sale organizers get 50% of money made.
I'm not a fan of CVS or Walgreens or anybody like that when it comes to photo quality. I'm perfectly open to online services, or if y'all know of any good photo printing stores in either Houston, Tx, or New York City, I would be perfectly happy (even more so actually, because I wouldn't have to deal with shipping) with those options.
Thanks!

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
I had to go back and track this down, but Terry White reviewed Moo Cards which allows you to have a different image on each card. It is kind of an old review but it might be what you are looking to do?

Claudia!

Welcome! I am located in Houston, Tx myself. There is a well known printing lab in Webster. They specialize in professional prints, especially larger prints. They may be able to work with you as far as a local print lab. Don't let their site mislead you, they do such things as you are interested in. Just give them a call. 281-488-4900

Digital Printing & Copy Services in Clear Lake, Pasadena & Webster

Another site that may be able to help you out with the card is Ashe Designs. They have different templates and samples. You can either order from them or download the template and order elsewhere. You will have to look around for what you want. You do have to purchase the template though which may make your profit even less than it already may be.

AsheDesign.com - Professional Photography Templates, Layered Photoshop Templates, Wedding Photo Albums, Coffee Table Books, Birth Announcements, Baby Announcements, Photo Christmas Cards, Photoshop Actions, Collage Designs, Scrapbook, digital papers

If you are looking into business cards, Pretty Presets is giving away free templates for business cards. One of them includes one with 5 different photos and then the business information on the back. The other one includes three different layouts. You can possibly choose which cards you want with different images. The first link will lead you to the one with multiple images. The second site is the one with 3 different layouts to choose from. They are free for now. You just add them to your cart and proceed with the download. You will need photoshop or elements to edit the photos and text.

Free Business Card for Photographers | Pretty Presets for Lightroom

Free Photographer Business Cards | Pretty Presets for Lightroom

Moo.com does have the option of printing different photos on each card. Their quality is actually really good.

​Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Browncoat

Moo or Vistaprint.

Personally, I use Vistaprint for my business cards and any promotional cards (like holiday coupons) that I'm running. Always great quality, and fast shipping. Seriously...I don't know how they can print this stuff and get it to me so quickly.