Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Carolina Photo Guy

I have been e-mailing a guy from Berlin. Seems like a nice fellow and what with the upcoming holiday, without thinking I wished him a Happy Thanksgiving.
His response intrigued me. He said that Thanksgiving is not observed in Europe.
So I told him that it seems to me that you really DON'T need a holiday to give thanks.

I am thankful that I have met so many wonderful people here. All of you have been so helpful when I needed it, propping me up and slapping me down. All needed different times of course.
I have my favs of course, like all of us do, but I have not found a single person on here that I do not care for. That in itself is remarkable. All of these people and every single one is friendly, courteous, caring and helpful.
For that, I am thankful.

This is about as sappy as any of you will ever see me. I hope you enjoyed it.
Its over. Now I can go back to being my irascible self!

Pete

Happy Thanksgiving y'all.

Last edited by a moderator:

silvertip

I too would like to wish everyone in Nikonite-land a very Happy Thanksgiving. I am always thankful for my family, my God, and freedoms that I enjoy. I also am grateful for some of things I don't have.
silvertip

fotojack

Our Thanksgiving was October 11th, so it's been over for awhile now, but I want to wish all our American friends a Happy Thanksgiving. Peter, you're so sappy! Cut it out, as I'm getting all misty eyed here! ;)

Ruidoso Bill

I also want to chime in with a Big Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I like that Pete, be thankful everyday. I just left a friends house that has been doing the chemotherapy deal and he said the same thing. Be thankful for everyday and everything. Now that I've gotten all mushy, I too feel like I've made friends here. This is an awesome forum, I have been around some at the beginning and this one is going to go far! Congrats to all that participate and thanks to Jdeg for starting it up...

John!

Big Happy Thanksgiving to all of our southern neighbours. Like fotojack said, our Thanksgiving was on Oct 11. We are now in "Winter Mode" with a layer of snow, however always a good time to be thankful.

ohkphoto

Snow White
This is an awesome forum, I have been around some at the beginning and this one is going to go far! Congrats to all that participate and thanks to Jdeg for starting it up...

I echo that. To all my new-found friends here, Happy Thanksgiving and a safe journey, if you're traveling. To our "northern" friends (in Canada), I'm sorry we didn't wish you happiness on your thanksgiving day, but know that you are on my list of blessings counted on any day!

Best Regards

silvertip

I guess I am one of the lucky ones that get to celebrate both Canadian and American Thanksgiving. My wife is from Alberta. We did not celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving because of a death in the family and also a birth of my 14th grandchild. (12 grandsons). We were able to have all the family together on the 24th of Nov. What a great blessing a good family is. Love them very much.

silvertip