How's my, "website?"

SkvLTD

Started to organize my blog page a bit more and wanted to ask what all of you think thus far. It's no proper website just yet, but I feel it's a good start. Organized simply and to the point, as best as I could (on the free platform). Each pic links to the original album.

Freelance Photography | SKVORA LIMITED

ohkphoto

Snow White
Started to organize my blog page a bit more and wanted to ask what all of you think thus far. It's no proper website just yet, but I feel it's a good start. Organized simply and to the point, as best as I could (on the free platform). Each pic links to the original album.

Freelance Photography | SKVORA LIMITED

It is a very good start. I especially like the menu buttons. Photos load quickly and navigation is easy. Perused some of your posts . . . interesting viewpoints :)

SkvLTD

Thanks! I picked 590x390 for shots to do just that- load fast and not get too distorted when viewed on mobiles. Still gotta iron out menu buttons a bit more and well, shoot more, add more folio shots under events.

Browncoat

Since this is posted in the business section, I'm going to be a bit harder on you than I probably should be. Then again, I have a nasty reputation for doing that anyway...

I applaud you for jumping into WordPress. Bar none, it's the easiest way for non-programmers to get a new site up and running. You're using a freebie template, and while that's okay, that particular one has been around for awhile and it's starting to show its age.

If you want to be taken seriously as a business, you've got to get your own domain: mysite.com, and not a WordPress freebie hosted site (mysite.wordpress.com). If you're not willing to cough up $100 to get your own website, potential customers are going to wonder if they should even bother, if they can even find you in the first place. The web is a big place, and on a WordPress hosted domain, you have zero SEO. In other words, you may as well not even exist.

Lastly, this is 2013. Mobile is the next wave, and if you're not on it, you're going to get left behind. Sites that aren't mobile-friendly look like crap on handheld devices, and studies have shown that 80% of mobile users browse the web on their smartphones and tablets. Something to think about.