Uploading from my new D7100

nikonjim

After playing with my lovely new D7100, I tried to upload the pictures I had taken to my computer.
The Nikon transfer software is already in my computer from my D90.
The transfer page opened up, and it obviously recognised the different camera, as it said D7100, but nothing happened!! I waited about 19 minutes before using my computer's own camera wizard to transfer the shots!!
I uninstalled the ViewNX software and then reinstalled it, but the same thing happened.
Anyone have any ideas what might be wrong? Probably something I've either done or haven't done.
By the way- I'm in love with my D7100. She's an absolute dream!!!:tickled_pink:

Best regards to you all.
​Jim

fotojack

I don't use the camera to transfer pics from camera to computer. Takes too long, and uses the camera's batteries. Instead, I use a card reader that's built into my desk top. Portable ones are available, too. Much easier and quicker.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Jim, it could very well be that your old Nikon program won't have the knowledge of the D7100 and might not be able to translate the NEF files to JPEG. Download the newest version of View NX (you probably got it with your new camera). This will allow you to work with the D7100 files.

Please share your pics.

nikonjim

Thanks for that advice, Marcel! I was pondering over that myself. I did get another copy of ViewNX2 with my new camera, but the old version recognised it was connected to my D7100, but still wouldn't transfer the
images. I'll try your suggestion when I get home in 3 weeks.

Regards
​Jim