P510 battery

dyrelogan

I was curious as to whether the P510 battery depletes while in the camera while not in use. I took some pictures one day on a full charge then a couple weeks later I wanted to use the camera again after I had not used the camera at all and it wouldn't turn on. I charged it and it wouldn't turn on even while charged and I couldn't even view my photos on the sd card until it was unplugged and fully charged which I think is really strange because with all my previous cameras I was able to take pictures while it was plugged in and even view my photos while plugged in. I just find it strange that the battery would deplete while not in use. And it still had a pretty good charge after I used it that one day. Thanks for your answer. It is a brand new camera, by the way.

dyrelogan

Thank you for responding. No I don't use the computer to transfer my photos. I just remove the sd card and plug that into the computer. Easier that way. I also don't leave it on. It goes off after a few minutes if you leave it on so I know that is not the issue. I just remember taking photos at a friends house then not using the camera for a few week. I don't think e camera just sitting should deplete the battery. It would if sitting over time, but not for a few weeks. It had a full charge when I took the photos at my friends house.