D300S upgrade rumours...???

omegabri

Hi guys and gals

I’m probably gonna plump for an upgrade next year, which will be a D300S :D, more than likely..

What is the situation with the latest rumours regarding its next upgrade!?!? (D400 ???etc...)
I can easily hang fire on its purchase and continue with my D90 a while longer, and it seems sensible to do so if it’s due an upgrade itself....

Any idea’s !?!?....

Thanks all !!
Brian

my_katamari

I was thinking that too before I bought my D300s.

Before I even bought my first DSLR, I had thoughts of when I buy a DSLR is there going to be a better version out soon?? I then pushed those thoughts aside and bought was a vailable now. If a new model was to come out, it is going to be more expensive than what is currently available. Just like you, I settled for the D90. I was more than happy with the D90. Its more than I could ask for.

What I am finding out more is people like you have gone from the D90 to the D300s and skipping the D7000. That is what I have done. Ten months when by after purchasing my D90 I picked up a D300s after selling my D90 body. My thought process started all over again when I was looking to buy the D300s. I knew it was the upgraded version of the D300, but is there going to be a better one in a few months?

Like I had already mentioned, if there is going to be a newer version comming out of that camera, it is more than likely going to be more expensive than the current model.

Go for the D300s! I dont know how closer you can get before going full frame. D300s - Real close to the D700!! (Body, buttons, features)

Hope that helped

Chris,

johnwartjr

There are some nice features a D300S has over a D90, but a D90 is an amazing camera, and when you put good glass on it, it gets even better. I use the 24-70 2.8 and 70-200 2.8 on both my D90 and my D700 and both make amazing images.

You mentioned wanting those 2 lenses on another post, that's where I'd go personally.

omegabri

Hi guys....

I will be getting the glass (24-70 and 70-200 2.8's) just after the new year anyway - Can't wait !!!
The body upgrade will be shortly after, unless there's a D300s upgrade due, otherwise it'll be the current D300s

cheers for the comments folks ! :)