Frog Aperture

Kodiak

Your frog is a toad! … but i presume they share the same ƒ stop system.

Question: In toad terms, you would estimate its ƒ stop at… ?

PapaST

And wouldn't you know it. A real frog showed up, just a few hours in the same spot that I took the picture of the green lizard. And this time I'm pretty certain it's a frog and not a toad. ;)

I had my SB-910 speedlight with a soft box diffuser point at the frog but I still wasn't happy with the shadow. Maybe a Nikon R1 ring flash would be better in this circumstance.

BM7_0275 by BMalinis, on Flickr

BM7_0264 by BMalinis, on Flickr

Kodiak

And wouldn't you know it. A real frog showed up, just a few hours in the same spot that I took the picture of the green lizard. And this time I'm pretty certain it's a frog and not a toad. ;)

I had my SB-910 speedlight with a soft box diffuser point at the frog but I still wasn't happy with the shadow. Maybe a Nikon R1 ring flash would be better in this circumstance.

BM7_0275 by BMalinis, on Flickr

BM7_0264 by BMalinis, on Flickr

Yes and no!

Hello again PapaST,

Yes, I confirm, this IS a frog. No, I confirm, a ring flash would have given you a much flatter light.
Granted, this picture could have suffered a better positioning of the soft box to reduce a tad the actual
shadow but I prefer that shadow to a flat picture of (yes, it is confirmed!) this frog.

With a flash ring, the subject would have less texture and volume to offer.

I think that, like for the lizard and the toad, you did rather well"

Have a good time!