New Toys Arrived!

Mfrankfort

888-10-11-2.jpg888-10-11-1.jpgNew lighting stuff arrived today. Got everything from cowboy studios, and so far so good. Flash came from China, but will be here today! We'll see how it goes. Pretty solid stuff for pretty good price.

fotojack

Congrats on the new studio gear. That's not a shoot through umbrella, is it?....with the removable black cover? Looks like a reflective umbrella.

fotojack

I assumed it was convertible by the pic? Dunno.

Well, I'm just going by what I see in the pic. Looks like reflective material inside the umbrella. A shoot through would have a white translucent material inside and a black cover that's removable.

Mfrankfort

Yes. It's a reflective umbrella, that doubles as an octagon "soft box". It has a front part you can attach to make it a soft box. Not bad for 30 bucks. The flash just got here. Yongnuo 568EX. So far so good. One weird thing I found, is that when it's off camera in TTL... it seems to work... in TTL.. I'll post a picture with the cover on. It has a slit at the bottom you can put the umbrella through if your using it as a softbox.

Mfrankfort

888-10-11-2.jpg888-10-11-3.jpgWith the cover on. And the flash for good measure. Not sure why... but TTL seems to work when it's off camera and in TTL mode. Not sure why...

Mfrankfort

So on the box it says "Wireless TTL". Kinda cool, and saves a bit on TTL triggers for now. Still need line of sight, but cool it does TTL off camera without triggers as long as line of sight is good.

Mfrankfort

I could. I'll take some test shots with it tonight/tomorrow and get my thoughts on it on here tomorrow. So far a great flash for under 200$ I'll get a small review together tomorrow.

Mfrankfort

DSC_0704.jpgDSC_0707.jpg
First one is with the flash and umbrella/softbox kit. 2nd with popup flash. Didn't realize the flash was still in manual, and only at 1/64 power. Prob should have been turned up a bit, but you can definitely see the difference in shadows and background color. I'll try to take some better ones tonight/tomorrow.