Viewing ONLY D3200 photos on Nikonites

brads

Just wondering if this is possible? I'd love to see what people are doing with their D3200 cameras but I seem to be viewing everything. Is there a way of sorting? Thanks in advance. Brad

Horoscope Fish

Just wondering if this is possible? I'd love to see what people are doing with their D3200 cameras but I seem to be viewing everything. Is there a way of sorting? Thanks in advance. Brad
It's not possible to sort for just D3200 photos across all of Nikonites.

What you can do is click on the "Display All Photos" icon:
insertimage.png
for a particular thread. If you stay in the D3200 sub-forum logic dictates your hit accuracy should be pretty high.

Fred Kingston

Why would you want to limit your learning experience to a single camera?... Cameras are tools, used to take pictures... The D3200 can take pictures as well as any other camera, and vice versa... Your quest is like saying, "I only want to look at the beauty of the moon on Mondays". The day of the week has nothing to do with what you see... and neither does the camera... :)

brads

Problem is I only have one camera. As much as I'd love to have many. And I would like to see how far people can expand their work with the D3200. I'd like to be inspired by other's work. The old adage, 'If other people can do that with their D3200, perhaps I could too." FredKingston, if every camera took the same quality pictures, Nikon would be out of business quick smart. I'm guessing that's why Nikonites have the D3200 conference.

Horoscope Fish

Problem is I only have one camera. As much as I'd love to have many. And I would like to see how far people can expand their work with the D3200. I'd like to be inspired by other's work. The old adage, 'If other people can do that with their D3200, perhaps I could too." FredKingston, if every camera took the same quality pictures, Nikon would be out of business quick smart. I'm guessing that's why Nikonites have the D3200 conference.
Most of us around here have but one camera. Quality of image you see here, posted in a thread, is going to averaged by the fact we're forced to post .jpg images. Compression being a great equalizer.

Quality of image based on technique is what separates the men from the boys*. Believe me when I tell you, someone like Dave_W could wield your D3200 like a surgeon wields a scalpel and continue to impress. The camera, I assure you, is not the limiting factor in the equation.

* No offense to the ladies, of course; you know what i mean.

Fred Kingston

uhhhh... You'd be wrong... Nikon has a dozen or so lines of cameras to add features with different price points... but every Nikon camera made in the last 50 years has had the basic components to take excellent pictures... It certainly can't be the lens because they make a mount that allows any Nikon lens to fit. It certainly can't be the shutters because they all have a shutter. Some are just rated for longer life, and for that, you pay more. It can't be the sensors because within certain model groups they use the same sensor for different models... It can't be the bodies because again, within certain price points, they use the same materials for many models...

The only thing different that Nikon does is where they place the buttons... and how many buttons you pay for... Nikonites has a separate section for the D3200 so you can ask a question about a specific feature and others with the same camera can walk you through the same buttons to get help... Nothing on Nikonites has anything to do with the reason and or when to push a specific set of buttons on a specific camera to achieve a specific result... the picture... Take pictures, look at pictures, ask questions, but don't worry about which camera took those pictures... If you do, I can guarantee you'll miss 1/2 the quality this site has to offer...:)

brads

Most of us around here have but one camera. Quality of image you see here, posted in a thread, is going to averaged by the fact we're forced to post .jpg images. Compression being a great equalizer.

Quality of image based on technique is what separates the men from the boys*. Believe me when I tell you, someone like Dave_W could wield your D3200 like a surgeon wields a scalpel and continue to impress. The camera, I assure you, is not the limiting factor in the equation.
* No offense to the ladies, of course; you know what i mean.

But that's what I mean. I'd love to see someone wield the D3200 like a scalpel. I'd be inspired by the end results. I don't want to see a top of the range pro camera with a 500ml lens, because I couldn't emulate that work. I really want to see photos that I COULD try to emulate.

brads

uhhhh... You'd be wrong... Nikon has a dozen or so lines of cameras to add features with different price points... but every Nikon camera made in the last 50 years has had the basic components to take excellent pictures... It certainly can't be the lens because they make a mount that allows any Nikon lens to fit. It certainly can't be the shutters because they all have a shutter. Some are just rated for longer life, and for that, you pay more. It can't be the sensors because within certain model groups they use the same sensor for different models... It can't be the bodies because again, within certain price points, they use the same materials for many models...

The only thing different that Nikon does is where they place the buttons... and how many buttons you pay for... Nikonites has a separate section for the D3200 so you can ask a question about a specific feature and others with the same camera can walk you through the same buttons to get help... Nothing on Nikonites has anything to do with the reason and or when to push a specific set of buttons on a specific camera to achieve a specific result... the picture... Take pictures, look at pictures, ask questions, but don't worry about which camera took those pictures... If you do, I can guarantee you'll miss 1/2 the quality this site has to offer...:)

Thanks for your warm and welcoming reply FredKingston. Strange, I thought this site would be an unbiased site. Guess I should keep my questions, especially the simple ones, to myself. A simple yes or no answer would suffice, I don't want to be lectured. Get my drift?

Horoscope Fish

But that's what I mean. I'd love to see someone wield the D3200 like a scalpel. I'd be inspired by the end results. I don't want to see a top of the range pro camera with a 500ml lens, because I couldn't emulate that work. I really want to see photos that I COULD try to emulate.
Let me put this another way. What are the qualities you think someone can get using a D800 you won't be able to get using your D3200?

Fred Kingston

Okay. The answer to your initial question is No. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I apologize if you think I was lecturing you... Enjoy your camera

Bill16

Welcome! :) I hope you'll like it here as much as I do! :D I have a cheaper model of Nikon than you do, with less mp, so you might not want to see my photos. But you might be able to get other D3200 owners to show off their photos if you start a thread asking them to. :)

Thanks for your warm and welcoming reply FredKingston. Strange, I thought this site would be an unbiased site. Guess I should keep my questions, especially the simple ones, to myself. A simple yes or no answer would suffice, I don't want to be lectured. Get my drift?

Moab Man

Sorry for some of the grief regarding wanting to see D3200 only pictures. What you were asking is nothing cosmically new as other camera models on this site have threads specific to a model of camera and their images. And I completely understand what you're saying, you want to see what a D3200 can do/achieve with proper technique and something for you to aspire to knowing the camera is capable. So my suggestion, start a thread "Best of the D3200" and throw a picture up to get it started. I personally LOVE the similar D5100 thread on here because is does show EXACTLY what is achievable with a D5100.

I would suggest though... do look through other pictures from other cameras as well for inspiration and to try and achieve better than you thought possible. Personally, I have my sights set on Dave_W and his work. He shoots with a D800 (full frame sensor) and some really nice glass (lenses). I shoot the current best DX sensored camera, a D7100. The two cameras are not in the same league, but if I don't tell the camera that (to a far greater point it is the photographer and not the camera) maybe my camera and I can pull off some amazing Milky Way photography likes Dave_W. And who knows, maybe in my pursuit of Dave_W and his Milky Way shots I might become a 1000 times better photographer.

Lastly, welcome and start that D3200 thread - would love to see some great images from that camera!

WayneF

The point they are saying, that you may be missing, is that the camera does not control the picture, the photographer does. Sure, there are a few fancy advanced features that offer convenience, but photographers have been doing without such features for maybe 100 years... But we (you and me) are only going to get the same D3200 picture if we know to do the same things the original photographer knew to do. So, really, the point of looking at pictures is to get ideas. It is never about the original camera.

We have people shooting on the forum with a Coolpix that will rival some of our shooting with high end Nikons. And the other is true also. Some of the high end shooters aren't worth looking at. I have seen better iPhone shooters. I shoot the D5100 which is by no stretch a high end Nikon but I look at all the pictures and see what they are doing. One of my favorite shooters here is Dave_W He shoots a top of the line camera BUT that is not what makes his photos great. IT is his eye and knowledge of the camera and post processing. He will answer any question he can for you. But what is so great about him is if he sees something that you are doing that he likes he Will ask you how to do it.

The D3200 is a great camera and will shoot great photos only if you learn how and what to shoot.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Trust me, I would love to have a feature that would allow members to search by lens and camera model, but unless everyone tags the photos with this information, it becomes a bit difficult to code around. The alternative is gathering exif data and making it searchable, but even then it has to be present in the photo, and we aren't going to get lens data, which, IMO, would be more useful than camera model.