1st Horse photos

Scott Murray

Today I was asked to take some photos of a friends horse which they are selling, I was limited to the background area and think this one turned out good. I ended up shortlisting it to 127 photos from I don't know how many.

Has anyone else had experience taking horse photos? This is basically straight out of camera with just some minor cropping.

D60_1052.jpg

ohkphoto

Snow White
Nice photos, Scott. I do know that when photographing horses you need to shoot from a lower angle so that the body and legs appear more proportional (like the first one in the second series you posted).

Looks like he's pretty well-schooled in dressage.

Scott Murray

Nice photos, Scott. I do know that when photographing horses you need to shoot from a lower angle so that the body and legs appear more proportional (like the first one in the second series you posted).

Looks like he's pretty well-schooled in dressage.

(3rd time lucky)

Here are some shot at a lower angle. I was limited with the space that I had and the location, also seeing as he is a young horse he spooks easily and it was a windy day. Luckily for me the owners were happy with the photos (which were free anyway ;-) ) and they have a few that can be used in a horse magazine to sell him. I may be asked to take some jumping shots at a later date though.

Also they have mentioned that I could probably make money from my photos lol.

Flash small-1-3.jpg
Flash small-1-2.jpg

ohkphoto

Snow White
(3rd time lucky)

Here are some shot at a lower angle. I was limited with the space that I had and the location, also seeing as he is a young horse he spooks easily and it was a windy day. Luckily for me the owners were happy with the photos (which were free anyway ;-) ) and they have a few that can be used in a horse magazine to sell him. I may be asked to take some jumping shots at a later date though.

Also they have mentioned that I could probably make money from my photos lol.

View attachment 46134View attachment 46135

LOL . . . you can't win with a young, spooky horse. If you crouch by the fence, they notice. If you climb a rail, it's even worse. And God forbid you lose your balance . . . rider dump.

These are absolutely perfect, Scott! Great job.

Scott Murray

LOL . . . you can't win with a young, spooky horse. If you crouch by the fence, they notice. If you climb a rail, it's even worse. And God forbid you lose your balance . . . rider dump.

These are absolutely perfect, Scott! Great job.

Yeah he had a few moments lol. I was using my 80 - 400VR at 400 where possible so he could be relaxed.

ohkphoto

Snow White
I was photographing one of my horses in the barn and decided to shoot tethered The computer made a "sound". I had not heard so much snorting and heavy breathing in a long time. Photo session ended.