OMG she got a Panasonic !

Ijustwant1

Ok my daughter (17 year old ) did not want a DSLR but wanted a good point n shot type , so we went looking at the cool-pix at the camera shop and they showed her the [FONT=arial, sans-serif]Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 well she loved it ! the zoom is great for her and the LCD screen works well for her vision , so now the thing is she wants to expand her skills in photography but cant find a site like this ( for panasonic ) where you can upload a photo for critique, and she asked me to ask the Nikonites if she can participate until she does get a real camera ! So I have asked [/FONT]:cower:
Cheers
​Greg

Ijustwant1

My daughter Melissa has told me to let you know that she only has small hands and dslr's are to big for her ! ( wa wa wa ) she said at least she did not buy a canon ( small mercies ) !

pedroj

I bought our granddaughter that lives with us a Nikon Coolpix L820 Digital....It uses rechargeable double A batteries...

Uses her Iphone more then it....

Ijustwant1

I bought our granddaughter that lives with us a Nikon Coolpix L820 Digital....It uses rechargeable double A batteries...

Uses her Iphone more then it....
That's kids for you ! You can lead a horse to water but you can't make enjoy the view !

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Ok my daughter (17 year old ) did not want a DSLR but wanted a good point n shot type , so we went looking at the cool-pix at the camera shop and they showed her the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 well she loved it ! the zoom is great for her and the LCD screen works well for her vision , so now the thing is she wants to expand her skills in photography but cant find a site like this ( for panasonic ) where you can upload a photo for critique, and she asked me to ask the Nikonites if she can participate until she does get a real camera ! So I have asked :cower:
Cheers
​Greg

Greg - Photozone is a fairly new website that is more designed for mirrorless users. It is a good site to get her started.

fotozones.com

Chito

I know this is an old thread, just thought I'd chime in on the Lumix FZ-200. Actually the FZ-200 is a good camera to learn from. It has manual focusing/exposure controls, RAW image capture and also has a constant f/2.8 aperture throughout the whole 24x optical zoom range (24-600mm). I needed a camera for when I go to concerts that don't allow dslrs or what they describe as cameras with removable lens and this is the one I got as it is the only one then in the market that had a constant f/2.8 aperture. I haven't had the opportunity to use it yet in a concert but here's a couple I took from a hockey game. No pp done on both photos.

At 600mm (24x)
P1000089.jpg

Just to give some perspective. This is how far we were at 25mm.
P1000133.jpg

BTW, I gave my grandaughter a Hello Kitty camera with interchangeable faces on her birthday 2 weeks ago when she turned 5. :)

Last edited: