Landscape setting

Bill16

I'm afraid it isn't that easy. Each shot can take different settings depending on a variety of things. Others here can maybe give you a place to start, but as of yet I've still a ton to learn myself.
But welcome to nikonites and I hope you'll have a blast here with us! :D

PS. What Nikon do you have? :D

Dave_W

The Dude
It looks like a wide angle lens was used so I would choose your 16-85mm lens. I would set my aperture to something around 9 or so and would use a tripod so that the lowest ISO can be used (either 100 or 200, depending upon your camera). The important part is to then understand what part of the day the light will provide the best illumination for your subject. Beyond that the rest is just good luck and accommodating lighting. Neither of which you have much control over.

Good luck!!

Nourah*

I'm afraid it isn't that easy. Each shot can take different settings depending on a variety of things. Others here can maybe give you a place to start, but as of yet I've still a ton to learn myself.
But welcome to nikonites and I hope you'll have a blast here with us! :D

PS. What Nikon do you have? :D

I know it's not easy but I will try and I hope I can do it
i know each one have different settings and I want to know some of them :$
thanks for the welcome I'm really happy to be here with you all :)
nikon d5000

It looks like a wide angle lens was used so I would choose your 16-85mm lens. I would set my aperture to something around 9 or so and would use a tripod so that the lowest ISO can be used (either 100 or 200, depending upon your camera). The important part is to then understand what part of the day the light will provide the best illumination for your subject. Beyond that the rest is just good luck and accommodating lighting. Neither of which you have much control over.

Good luck!!

Thanks I will try with the 16-85 and I hope I come with great results
thanks so much for helping me ❤:)

Mfrankfort

Aperture around 8-11... Iso 100/200... shutter depends on the light. If super bright... 1/400... 600.. If darker, prob around 1/60 to 1/200... but really depends on the light, and what kind of exposure your trying to get.

Kodiak

Hello Noora,

What I see, from the reference picture you are providing, is this:

• This was an overcast day. This means that the time window for the shoot is much bigger
••and far less critical!

• The shutter speed was at a minimum 1/30s, because the slow flowing waters appear
••relatively sharp… as well as the DOF. All this also means that you could improve this
••picture by shooting it at 2-6s to get another view of the water (but no wind!).

• Finally, this shot is a late spring to early summer take. You could improve the shot even
••more if you would have the idea to take it in autumn!

Nourah*

Aperture around 8-11... Iso 100/200... shutter depends on the light. If super bright... 1/400... 600.. If darker, prob around 1/60 to 1/200... but really depends on the light, and what kind of exposure your trying to get.

Hello Noora,

What I see, from the reference picture you are providing, is this:

• This was an overcast day. This means that the time window for the shoot is much bigger
••and far less critical!

• The shutter speed was at a minimum 1/30s, because the slow flowing waters appear
••relatively sharp… as well as the DOF. All this also means that you could improve this
••picture by shooting it at 2-6s to get another view of the water (but no wind!).

• Finally, this shot is a late spring to early summer take. You could improve the shot even
••more if you would have the idea to take it in autumn!

I'll try it and i'll put the results in the gallery
​Thanks I really appreciate your help mr.kodiak and mr.mfrankfort ❤❤

Horoscope Fish

There is some pretty heavy post processing going on in that photo as well. It's well done, but it's plainly obvious at the same time.

fotojack

Perhaps this chart will help, Nourah.

Shutter Speed Chart.jpg