Lake Picture from Music Festival

stuartm

My company did lighting for an electronic music festival this weekend at a lake side park. I had an opprituinty to walk down and check out the the beach and saw the neat dock on steel spoke wheels. i though it would make a neat picture. Image is three frame HDR cropped slightly to remove weeds and cement block at base of dock.

Camera - D7000
Lens - 18-105mm
Focal Length - 18mm
ISO - 200
Exposure - three bracket hdr @ f/22

DSC_8222_HDR.jpg

lokatz

Hi Stuart, This is clearly a good picture, but I feel you may have overdone the HDR effect here. The color intensity is very high, which make the picture feel a bit unnatural as the colors are just too far from what the human eye is use to, plus, the foreground seems a bit too bright, compared to the intensity of the light in the sky, to make the picture feel natural. Tone it down a bit, and this is a great shot!

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Hi Stuart, This is clearly a good picture, but I feel you may have overdone the HDR effect here. The color intensity is very high, which make the picture feel a bit unnatural as the colors are just too far from what the human eye is use to, plus, the foreground seems a bit too bright, compared to the intensity of the light in the sky, to make the picture feel natural. Tone it down a bit, and this is a great shot!

The OP hasn't been around since 2014. Don't know if they will see your post.