thats it ? the end of buffer size problems for all camera's?

nikonos

i just read about the Toshiba new sd cards series that will have the UHS-II and the biggest thing about it its that they are about 2.5 faster then the fastest SD card
its reading speed 260Mps and writing speed 240Mps . that's it .. the end of our problems about buffer size :)))))

source/link :Toshiba : Press Release 16 Jul, 2013

BTW for our camera (nikon d7100:) it can write 10 pictures in one second . OH SH**

Last edited:

nikonos

im sure that not 20 $ for the best one

but if you are love to taking sport photos and picturing birds im sure you will buy this sd card :)

nikonos

im sure that the camera can keep up enough to solve the buffer problem

we go like this ... the camera take 5.9 pictures per second the card can write 10 pictures per second so if the camera can hold the write for only 7 per second its still enough :) when it come out i sure someone will check it

Moab Man

I would buy one card for the purpose of those times I need to not choke on the buffer. However, I highly highly doubt that the camera will write fast enough.

Moab Man

From what I read, it's only for the Japanese market. Hopefully they'll come here some day.
Article says its releasing to worldwide markets starting in Japan in October. So I have no doubt we'll see it. And I already put it on my Christmas wish list and gave it to my wife.

Nathan Lanni

I would buy one card for the purpose of those times I need to not choke on the buffer. However, I highly highly doubt that the camera will write fast enough.

+1

I agree with you Moab Man it's worth a try, but you're also right the internal I/O is limited by buffer size and transfer rate. My guess is instead of the camera waiting on the card to flush its queue, the SD will be waiting for the camera. I'll likely get one just hope'n we're wrong. ;)

Mycenius

Yep, need to build a camera that can actually use the bandwidth first! It's like having a flash new train station that has 10 platforms & can handle 10 million passengers a day; but the Railway only has 1 track in and out of the station!! :p

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk