Do you play with reject pictures

mikew_RIP

Was going to dump this but decided to play with the sliders in View nx2,and then dump it

DSC_0960.JPG

I have a hard time deleting pictures. Occasionally I will be hunting a specific picture and realize I have to many pictures and will go through and deleted entire folders and wonder why I even shot them to begin with. But to answer your question, as I learn more about Photoshop I will go back and work on shots that did not quite make the cut the first time around and play with them. I have been able to pull a few out and make them into some pretty nice photos out of them.

mikew_RIP

I have a hard time deleting pictures. Occasionally I will be hunting a specific picture and realize I have to many pictures and will go through and deleted entire folders and wonder why I even shot them to begin with. But to answer your question, as I learn more about Photoshop I will go back and work on shots that did not quite make the cut the first time around and play with them. I have been able to pull a few out and make them into some pretty nice photos out of them.

Dont think i did that,;) but just wondered if any one had pulled a totally different effect from rejects.

The major thing I have learned recently is being able to pull out good detail from shadow areas. Somehow I had never figured it out before. I was only using brightness, contrast and sharpness. I have been studying PhotoShop in depth since I upgraded to CS6 and I think I am getting a lot more out of my shots now.

Sambr

I delete everything I don't like. I used to keep them all except the bad ones. Then one day I realized I didn't need 15 photos of the same hawk with the same pose so I delete 13 kept two.Did the same with all multiple images I had. Did wonders for my hard drive space especially shooting a D800.

Horoscope Fish

I've recently adopted the Kelby method which basically means using Bridge to rate my shots as 5-Star, No Star or Reject. The Rejects get deleted, and the 5-Star rating makes my best shots easy to find. No Star shots are those that fall in between: They're worth keeping but not worth Rating.

Rick M

I delete everything I don't like. I used to keep them all except the bad ones. Then one day I realized I didn't need 15 photos of the same hawk with the same pose so I delete 13 kept two.Did the same with all multiple images I had. Did wonders for my hard drive space especially shooting a D800.

I'm doing the same thing, I hate clutter! I'll delete many before I even download. But I have to be careful with family snapshots, or delete before the boss sees them!

piperbarb

I do the same thing.

Kodiak

My strategy is to have the largest cards possible in the camera… I don't like to be
limited when I am in the heath of working. Once on the computer, I am quick at
making "delete decision".

Mr.Smith

Every pic I take goes onto the computer, into light room... if there is nothing I can do it gets deleted...

Last edited:

JDFlood

Out of focus or subjectless or badly exposed. I have a D800 so that is only about one in five hundred or a thousand. So I keep about 1,000 a month.

Rexer John

Was going to dump this but decided to play with the sliders in View nx2,and then dump it

I take it you're talking about messing with the raw file?
If so, mess as much as you like with any photo. The raw file always remains the same, you can always go back to how it looked originally even if changes are saved each time you alter the sliders. Unlike a jpeg.

pictaker64

This is why I save everything...weigh underexposed but you can see the difference after PP..I was quite amazed I pulled it off...it was a quick shot out of the open car window,rookie mistake of not checking meter :rolleyes:

DSC_0627a.jpg
DSC_0627.jpg

jrleo33

I am with Mr. Smith above, as everything I shoot is RAW, and loaded into LightRoom, and I have no trouble highlighting bad negatives and hitting the delete key.

dramtastic

There are some I delete straight away and others I delete after a couple of days contemplation. There are also thousands just sitting there that are good but not 'great' that need to be deleted, but I haven't gotten around to it. This is a problem because they are sitting amongst the keepers so I can't just delete the folder. I spend the most time mucking around in post with the keepers.

Last edited: