SD Card preference?

kdean63

Which SD Cards do you like for your D7000?
My local camera store prefers the Promaster.
I bought a Transcend SD card on Amazon for considerably less. Both are 32GB, Class 10 cards and work fine so far.

Thanks,
Kevin

GeeAirMo

I've been using the SanDisk Extreme Pro for over three years, and I've had nothing but good luck with them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Horoscope Fish

I've been using the SanDisk Extreme Pro for over three years, and I've had nothing but good luck with them!
That's my preferred card as well (SanDisk Extremes), but I have used Transcend as well in the past. The SD card is one thing I don't pay attention to price on. I just... buy... SanDisk.

Happypuppy

I use Lexar and Sandisk. Never had any issues with either. I find the real cheap card not matter the speed rate always operate slower. I suspect that is the difference.

Mycenius

Sandisk and Lexar. It's all I ever use, both in SD and CF formats.

Yep Sandisk normally here otherwise Lexar. Preference is SanDisk Extreme Pro otherwise Extreme.

The SanDisk Ultra 30MB/s cards aren't too bad in older <15MP models like the D80 & D90 too, although you'll probably want an Extreme 45MB/s (or better) if you do a lot of continuous RAW shooting on the D90 for example.

:)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

PapaST

That's my preferred card as well (SanDisk Extremes), but I have used Transcend as well in the past. The SD card is one thing I don't pay attention to price on. I just... buy... SanDisk.

When shooting with your D7100 in uncompressed 14bit RAW do you notice after filling your buffer that you're getting about 3 frames/sec?

Ste Booth

Hi all,

I got my D7100 yesterday and i use the Sandisk Extreme Pro 32gb. Best place imho is Evilbay (aka - eBay). There's a lot of speculation that they are fakes etc but i bought one last week and so far it's doing it's job. I bought one 2 years ago off Evilbay and i have never had a problem with them (touchwood).

Epoc

Any card bought off eBay should paid for using Paypal and be run through a free program called h2testw before you use it. If it tests fine in this program, its probably legit. If not, open a dispute through Paypal and get your money back as its a fake.

Steve B

I only use SanDisk Extreme Pro, normally purchased from B&H. Memory cards, especially high capacity ones, are not something you want to be cheap about.

singlerosa_RIP

SanDisk Extreme Pro UHS 45/mbs on my D7K and 95/mbs on D600. Those new Toshiba cards look cool (and fast). Might save a couple of seconds over current UHS-1 cards when clearing the buffer.

Horoscope Fish

When shooting with your D7100 in uncompressed 14bit RAW do you notice after filling your buffer that you're getting about 3 frames/sec?
I only shoot in 14-bit RAW and yes, the buffer does fill quickly. I think your estimate of 3 fps is pretty close and might even be a little optimistic once you hit the wall with the buffer. While this is not an issue for me, personally, I can most definitely understand how it would be aggravating to some others. It's about the only true weakness I can find in the D7100.

Last edited:

Kodiak

Hey Kevin,

Because my D3S is very fast,
because my D3X is fast and it's RAW files are bigger, and
because my D800E has the biggest Raw files,

I must have the highest "write speed" money can buy!

Lexar and Sandisk are providing the right stuff. I've been
using Sandisk Extreme Pro exclusively, in CF and SD formats,
since three years with greatest satisfaction!

Have a good day…

Mycenius

...i use the Sandisk Extreme Pro 32gb. Best place imho is Evilbay (aka - eBay). There's a lot of speculation that they are fakes etc but i bought one last week and so far it's doing it's job...

Like Steve B I will only purchase memory cards & USB sticks and such from reputable retailers (online or brick & mortar) who are authorised sellers for that brand - FWIW I would never buy a memory card off EBay or equivalent (e.g. TradeMe in NZ) UNLESS the seller is one of those reputable retailers I mentioned who just happens to also sell on auction/trading websites...

Just my 2c...

:)