Registration card?

PhotoAV8R

The D90 I just received new from Newegg did not have a warranty / registration card in the papers package. (The package had been opened, by the way.) The D40 I got last year had the card in it. The manual for the D90 says there should be one included (U.S.A. only) and the package had a "US" sticker on it.

I found this link on the Nikon USA site that says, "No registration or "warranty" card is included or needed with a Nikon D-SLR or Coolpix camera."

Okay, so what is it really? The D40 had one, the D90 didn't although its manual said it should, and the Nikon site says none of the D-SLRs have one. I haven't called Nikon USA, yet. I'm just anal enough to want to know.

Yeah, I know about the law that says a consumer can't be required to "register" a warranty. These "cards" are not really mail-in cards. They are this document with the serial number printed on it. I did get this form in the D90 package without the serial number on it.

Inquiring mind(s)...

PhotoAV8R

Thanks, Mark, I was going to do that eventually. I want to see what Newegg and Nikon USA say first - just on the off chance I need to return it.

fotojack

No registration card??? Send it back! All Nikon products (cameras and lenses) come with a registration card AND a warranty card! At least, they do in Canada.