D90

Michael Black

I'm having a difficult time with my "M" setting. When I set the shutter speed and then take a shot it changes the setting with out me doing it. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help.

Joseph Bautsch

What setting are you seeing changed? With the mode dial set on "M" (manual) the f/stop is changed by turning the sub-command dial and the shutter speed is changed by turning the main command dial. Neither of these settings should change when the shutter-release button is pressed.

Michael Black

No I set it om "M" and take a shot at maybe 1 second and the next one is 2 seconds and the next is 3 . I sometimes zoom in, does this change any of the settings???? I noticed that it mostly happens with the shutter speed and sometimes with the F-stop.Also could it be a setting in the camera??? Thanks to everybody who are helping me. Mike

John!

It sounds like Auto Bracketing is turned on.

That is exactly what happened to me. Funny if It would happen to someone else.

Michael Black

Ok' I checked the Auto Bracketing and it was turned on. I shoot with my wireless control an awful lot,this will save me a lot of time. This is the first big camera that I have owned and it is an excellent camera for a first timer. Makes my photos look like a pro shot them. Thanks John,this will save me a lot of time.

Last edited by a moderator:

John!

Hey, no problem. This same issue confused me for a while, I eventually discovered that I had "accidentally" turned on Auto Bracketing. I have programmed one of my function buttons to Bracket as well as Spot Meter and I had inadvertently turned on bracketing when I was using the spot meter. Sometimes there is a reason weird things happen to me, Glad I could help! :D