Image Review not working on D7100........need help!

Dziadzi19

I am on my 'second' D7100. The first had issues with multiple exposures when shooting in continuous, shutter priority mode. Well, now with the "new" body, I am finding that I cannot see the photos I have taken on the LCD after the shot, even if I take a single shot. I went into the menu and changed the display time for the image review..........to no avail. I read page 185 of the manual.........no help there either. Anyone have an idea what is going on? I hate to have to send this one back, too..........or make that three!

Dziadzi19

Thank you for that information, Marilynne. You would think that turning the image on would be on the same menu as setting the amount of time to display the photo taken. May I ask if the NX2 software does photo editing like Photoshop? I have never used the Nikon software when I had my previous Nikons.

Did you turn Image Review ON in the playback menu (page 222)?

WhiteLight

Capture NX2 is an image editing program.. May not have all the capabilities of Photoshop but will get most of your work done.
You mostly have View NX2 that comes with the camera.. that just allows you to download the images & do some very basic editing.

Dziadzi19

Yes, you are correct about the View NX2. So, I'll just drop another $200 and get CS6 Extended. Thanks for your response, WhiteLight.

Capture NX2 is an image editing program.. May not have all the capabilities of Photoshop but will get most of your work done.
You mostly have View NX2 that comes with the camera.. that just allows you to download the images & do some very basic editing.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Thank you for that information, Marilynne. You would think that turning the image on would be on the same menu as setting the amount of time to display the photo taken. May I ask if the NX2 software does photo editing like Photoshop? I have never used the Nikon software when I had my previous Nikons.

You're welcome. I only use ViewNX2 for my editing. I don't have any others. Some folks here use IrfanView (IrfanView - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) or Picasa (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picasa).

Dziadzi19

I bought CS5 with an education discount (not the student/teacher version). Adobe has an upgrade to CS6 for $199. For those who don't know it, our D7100's RAW files will not work in older versions of CS. CS6 is the only one that supports the NEF file system for Photoshop.

Where do you get CS6 for $200?

BackdoorArts

Thank you for that information, Marilynne. You would think that turning the image on would be on the same menu as setting the amount of time to display the photo taken.

There are many things in the Nikon menu system that leave me mystified, not least among them that the order in which things appear in the menus change from camera to camera. I've spent many frustrating minutes hunting down a setting that I know must be in one menu section only to discover that it's somewhere else that makes little sense at all.

Dziadzi19

I'm with you on that one, Jake. Consistency would be appreciated from Nikon.

:disillusionment:
There are many things in the Nikon menu system that leave me mystified, not least among them that the order in which things appear in the menus change from camera to camera. I've spent many frustrating minutes hunting down a setting that I know must be in one menu section only to discover that it's somewhere else that makes little sense at all.