Road Trip

Browncoat

My college coursework has been taking up a lot of my time lately, and I haven't gotten out to take photos very often. Today I'll be taking a road trip to Ohio's Appalachia region and documenting some old history. There's old coal company towns, covered bridges, and even the lost city of San Toy that I'm hoping to visit today.

ohkphoto

Snow White
Enjoy! I've been tied up with other things, too, so this weekend I plan to focus on photography, too. I AM working on my macro shots :).
Looking forward to seeing your photos from your road trip. Happy shooting!

Best Regards

Browncoat

I'm currently an IT major, Mr. Bautsch...but I've been thinking about changing that. Not too sure I want to be crammed into a cubicle writing code for the rest of my days.

Browncoat

MPBarn-1-Combo.jpg

I'm still processing all the images from my trip, but this one was my favorite of the day, so I had to post it.

Image also posted in Before and After thread. Gallery photo here.

Joseph Bautsch

There can be more to IT work than just writing code. My oldest son is an IT and travels around the country for his employer and is now the head of a digital video production unit. Great shot of the barn.

Browncoat

You can view the rest of the photos from my trip on my Facebook page: Little Cities of Black Diamonds.

I'm glad I did this, it was more of a history lesson than a photo op, with the exception of the above Mail Pouch barn. That alone was worth the drive.

I've vacationed in the Hocking Hills region before, but never really took the time to visit the surrounding areas. Since my photographic roots came from railfanning (aka taking pictures of trains and related structures), I though this was a worthwhile venture. The area is very poor, something one would expect to see in the hills of Kentucky, not 100 miles from the capital city of Ohio. There isn't much left standing, progress has bulldozed under a lot of history. But there are quite a few old coal company towns remaining, complete with row houses.

Joseph Bautsch

Yea, Good shots. From the style of photos taken it looks like it was a fun trip. Sometimes you just have to put everything down and do something like that just to keep your head on straight and relax.