D5100 ??

suddabym

Hi im looking too buy a new camera for xmas i will have around £400 by then and ive been looking at the d5100 all the reviews i have seen are great,but i dont want too miss out if there is any better camera for around £400 could anyone recommend any please im fairly new too photography too.

Hi im looking too buy a new camera for xmas i will have around £400 by then and ive been looking at the d5100 all the reviews i have seen are great,but i dont want too miss out if there is any better camera for around £400 could anyone recommend any please im fairly new too photography too.

The D5100 is an excellent camera. You really can't go wrong with it.

Bill16

If you look at his profile right beside his post you can see what Nikon he uses. In case you can't see it for some reason Don does use a d5100. :)

RockyNH_RIP

Thanks no i cant see it so thank you :)

I also have a 5100... Great unit! I have since upgraded to a 7100 but I have kept my 5100, still use it and if you check out some of the photos in Favorite D5100 Photos in the D5100 forum here, you will see some super shots.

It is a very capable unit!

Pat in NH

Yes, I do use the D5100 and so do a large number of the members here. You can look at my pictures here http://nikonites.com/project-365-daily-photos/11298-dons-daily-dabblings.html and most of them were shot with the D5100 also. I had the D3100 before and it is a fine camera also but the D5100 has a few features that I think make it worth the extra money. If you do have a few more bucks then look at the D7000. It shares the same sensor as the D5100 so IQ is the same but again it has a few more features like commander mode that make it a little better.
They all get better as you go up in price BUT the D5100 will do a great job for you.

ONe thing you might consider is refurbished

D5100 Body only Nikon D5100 Digital SLR Camera & 18-55mm G VR DX AF-S Zoom Lens - Factory Refurbished includes Full 1 Year Warranty $434.95

Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 G VR ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens - Factory Refurbished includes Full 1 Year Warranty 209.95

$644.95 total. or £419.99

The 18-105 is a big step up from the 18-55 kit that comes with the camera normally. And with this company you get a one year warranty so not a bad deal at all. Not sure if you can order from here where you live.

suddabym

They will ship but its an extra 75 dollars.I will see what deals i can get in the
Uk first but i will certainly keep this website in mind.

Thx don i will look into weather or not i can order much appreciated.

The only reason I suggest them is that I bought both my D5100 and my 18-105 (both Refurbs) from them and I can't tell that they are not both new. There was a note in my lens that said something about it being a demo lens but for a $200 savings I don't mind.

suddabym

Thats a great deal not sure i will be able too find anywhere in the uk as cheap as that.But I will have a look around thanks again for all your help.